Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 what a year!

What a year.


Well it is 2.27 am and I cant sleep so instead of writing this post later today I will have a go at it now!
This will include a small discussion of my depression do not read if you do not want too!


2011 has been an amazing year and a horrible year all in one, it has been our first full year in our new home after having to leave a house we loved due to psychotic neighbours, I came here suffering from severe depression and agoraphobia and spent the first 6 months pretty much locked in our house.
With a little work and help from the people who love me I begun to venture out into the world with people for support and have been building on it ever since!


The biggest and most positive change for me came through finally getting the courage to blog, I have been passionate about fashion since I was a teenager and my aunt used to take me shopping to amazing wholesale warehouses, but after years of feeling down about myself I just stopped trying but with my increased positivity and confidence this year I am slowly learning to love it more and more.
The people I have met through blogging have also been an amazing help and support in finding my feet and I seriously love all of them!


Since august I have had the opportunity to meet and work with some amazing people and companies, starting with Simply Be who have supported me and my blog by allowing me to review clothing for them, and helping with my requests Charlotte is seriously such a Fantabulous and Splendiferous person. ( we like those words )
As well as Ann Harvey and Yoek who looking into working with me in the new year.
I want to thank Eliza Parker who sent me a dress which you will see my fabulous review of on sunday after my new years celebrations.
Also I am going to be reviewing for IGIGI early in the new year so you will have that to look forward to.


Special thanks also goes to my Husband and steps son, and family on my side and Marcs for all the love and support they have shown me in my blogging endeavours, I seriously appreciate everything you do big and small.


2012 looks like it is going to be very exciting and daunting as I have so many new and exciting things to look forward too, I am hoping to be starting a 12 week course with the HellsBells Roller girls and reviewing some items during that time too.
February sees the epic event Plus london Two taking place and the gorgeous  A Monkey Fatshionista who is doing such an amazing job of organising the event.


I am also totally freaking out with excitement that Pinup Girl Clothing are going to be working with Tess Munster as there new model and expanding some of there range to a 3X and 4X. *praying for the Heidi!
they may not be everyones cup of tea but I have been lusting over pinup clothing for so many years and Tess Munster is seriously hot!!!


But most of all to my readers who have made up my 5000+ page views, you are seriously awesome! Thank You!


All That is left to say is Happy New year for Tonight and I hope 2012 treats us all well. x


Love from 


Mhairi and Marc and Josh.


Poppy, Toby and the puppies (Hermione, Nell and Ron) wanted to be in on the action too :)



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 comments:

  1. You and your family look happier then ever! Have a safe and great new year and congrats on all your up coming work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicole, things are definitely on the up :), hope your new year is also amazing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I really enjoy your blog and it sounds like 2012 is going to be a fabulous year for you as it is proving to finish that way.I had PND after having my daughter so I know depression can take you to some very dark places, but I am really glad to see that you are getting through it with the help of loved ones. Have a happy New Year. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tracey, I am not sure what I would do without them, they help make me sane :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell you what, that Timeline is crap. I read your blog this morningo because it came up on my news feed. I tried to comment from my phone but it was having none of it, so now I'm up and about, I look on your page for the link. CANNOT SEE IT ANYWHERE! :O

    ANYHOOOOOO

    What I tried to tell you this morning was:

    This is your best blog yet. You'll get there in life, you just need the inspiration to try. I think you've found it at last.

    We all love you. Keep at it - for yourself.

    Claire, Ben, Charlie and Harry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you big sis, I love you all too, even knicker obsessed Ben :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how far you've come Mhairi!
    Great blog!
    Love it lots!

    Keep up the good work.

    Looking forward to all the new and exciting this coming in 2012..:-)))

    Thanks for all your fashion advice too..

    Love Jamie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I forgot to tell you that he moaned that you always come first.....

    Obviously it's because I made you a bracelet before him! :D :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. how far you've come...its inspiration to anyone that they can do it too! Have really enjoyed reading your blog since I found it, and look forward to many more a great post in 2012!

    ReplyDelete