Wednesday 11 December 2013

Geeky Snowflakes Star Wars and Dr Who


If you follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram I have possibly driven you insane with all my pictures of the amazing snowflakes that we have been making. I wanted to share with you the links for the different templates I used.

I originally got the bug for geeky snowflakes last Christmas, I came across THIS post from Matters of Grey, where you can download the templates for a whole selection of Star Wars snowflakes. I didn't get around to making them last year, this year though with josh being home schooled and it being near the end of the year, we decided to have some fun arts and crafts sessions.

We made a start with the Star Wars Snowflakes, you do need a craft knife for the inner parts as they are pretty fiddly, but the results are fab!


My first attempt at the Storm trooper was a little bit rough and ready but I still love it!

I have about nineteen more Star Wars ones to make from this pack, I will show you them all once they are finished. 

Another designer who I found is Anthony Herrera who has some fabulous designs!

I have only made the Yoda from his templates so far but he is AMAZING!!! 
How cool is he!

You can download his templates for 2013 and 2012

In my quest for geeky snowflakes I have been trying to figure out what other sci-fi  films and TV I love and went on the hunt for Dr Who Snowflakes.

These are what I have made so far.

Still getting used to the craft knife so a couple of windows were lost in this one.

Sonic Screwdrivers!

Adipose

Cybermen!

Daleks!

My sources for these ones can be found HERE I followed all the links that are posted and I am slowly making my way through them. 
Next on my agenda is finding Star Trek snowflakes.

When we are all finished and the front window is decorated I will pop a little post up for you showing them all off.

If you would like a tutorial on how to fold and make these let me know, it isn't too difficult just fiddly.

Mhairi
xxx


7 comments:

  1. Love these! I tried Darth Vader myself, but I have to say that mine don't look quite as professional as yours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of mine have been absolutely terrible, but my technique is improving :)

      Delete
  2. Guh! They look so amazing! I've been admiring them as you've been posting them on instagram. I may have to try them for myself now! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome. Must try to make them. :)

    ♡ Mel xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously think this is the best blog post I've read in a long time !!
    Those Storm Trooper snow flakes are amazing :)
    Launa | Life As Launa

    ReplyDelete