Friday 13 June 2014

Dressing for my Fibromyalgia part 2

So as you know from my previous post HERE I am having to change the way I dress to suit my abilities at the moment, I have also now had to come off my medication and go am going to be going onto something new soon so I am in near constant pain at the moment and my hands are really not working so buttons and zips are being avoided like the plague!

I recently got myself some new Jeggings from Dorothy Perkins and have been having a nightmare finding something long enough to wear with them has been a bit of a nightmare. I have also been on the look out for something light enough to wear in the evenings over the summer when it cools down a bit and this jumper that Simply Be kindly sent me to try has been brilliant, it is pretty, lightweight and so easy to pop on over a vest when I get a bit chilly in the evening. I think it will still be a bit too hot for the hight of summer even in the evenings but it will see me through into autumn and winter too.

Jacket C/O Simply Be
Jumper C/O Simply Be
Jeggings  - Dorothy Perkins
Boots C/O Fashion World

These were taken a few weeks a couple of weeks ago while it was still cool and rainy.
Look how pretty the lace shoulders are, I love it!

I am now on the hunt for a perfect longline vest top to wear with them which is proving difficult, they are all either so long it looks like a dress, or just a bit too short! I like them to come to mid thigh-ish

Do you have a go to top or jacket to pop on to keep warm in the evening? 

Mhairi
xxx


6 comments:

  1. i can't imagine how difficult it must be to find clothing that really works around your fibromyalgia (and that's also cute!) but it looks like you did a great job with this outfit. and i love simply be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erica, this last year has just become more and more frustrating, I love pretty dresses with buttons, have been living in leggings and basic dresses for a while but need to get out of my funk!

      Delete
  2. It is difficult trying to find clothes that don't aggravate our fibromyalgia, its a daily struggle. I love the outfit you've created that jumper is gorgeous. I got a lovely vest top from Yours to wear over jeggings it is a high-low hem and to be honest is a bit long but I like it like that. I tend to end up wearing leggings and dresses most of the time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same with the leggings and dresses but have been feeling so stuck recently and it is nice to find something different to wear. I really need to find a decent yours and go try a few vests on in store :)

      Delete
  3. I have some maternity vest tops from Next that I still wear as they are just long stretchy vests, they sit just below my hip and are ideal for under jumpers like yours. Might be worth trying? I love the jacket, I'm definitely in need of a summer jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maternity vests could work out well, they tend to have a little more length, I might give one a try. xx

      Delete