Wednesday 6 August 2014

Saving students money with BT

Summer is here and it is lovely to have a break but soon enough I will be back being a student again. When I found out about the new services offered by BT for students, I wanted to share them with you.

I now study and live at home so I have to pay for my bills all year round, many students however spans around 3 months a year back at home for the holidays and end up paying for phone and broadband services for the whole 12 months. BT have now introduced a 9 month plan perfect for students which launched on July 30th.

There are 3 options available.

BT Broadband
  • Save £96 versus the standard price for Unlimited BT broadband (unlimited download usage) with Unlimited Weekend Calls due to BT’s, exclusive to students, 9-month contract for just £16 per month (plus £15.99 a month line rental) 1

BT Infinity
  • Save £138 versus the standard price for BT Infinity 1 Extra broadband with a 40GB download limit and Unlimited Weekend Calls due to BT’s, exclusive to students, 9 month contract for just £14 per month(plus £15.99 a month line rental) 2

  • Save £222 versus the standard price for Unlimited Infinity 1 broadband with unlimited download usage and Unlimited Weekend Calls due to BT’s, exclusive to students, 9-month contract for just £19 per month(plus £15.99 a month line rental) 3
All packages come with unlimited access to BT Wi-fi, free BT Sport online and the BT SmartTalk app.

I have BT infinity at home and love the amazing speeds I get, so if you are in an area capable of receiving it, I have no problem recommending BT fibre optic services. I have had my broadband from other suppliers and just haven't found the service and reliability to be as good. I also love that I have unlimited downloads, my husband and step-son are both gamers online and I dabble in it myself, as well as using a number of streaming services for films and music so we get through a fair amount of data.

Other services such as access to 12 million public BT Wifi hotspots, access to BT sports and the BT smart talk app all make these packages perfect for student houses, splitting the costs amongst your friends also makes it even more affordable and great value for money.
Being a student is hard enough financially so making savings like this is a huge bonus and not being tied into and annual contract is great.

For more information about the Student packages available head HERE

Small Print
1  £96 savings claim based on Unlimited Broadband monthly price on an 18-month standard contract (£8 a month for 6 months, then £16 per month) compared to a 9-month student contract (£16 a month).  

2 £138 savings claim based on Infinity 1 Extra monthly price on an 18-month standard contract (£8 a month for 3 months, then £16 per month) compared to a 9-month student contract (£14 a month).  

3 £222 savings claim based on Unlimited Infinity 1 monthly price on an 18-month standard contract (£16 a month for 3 months, then £23 per month) compared to a 9-month student contract (£19 a month).  

Please share this with your friends and family who may be going off to uni or maybe have kids heading off.

I hope this information is useful to some of you, I personally thought it was a great service.

Mhairi
xxx

*I have asked to post this information on behalf of BT but all opinions are my own. The services listed and savings calculations were provided to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment