Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Evolution of Festival Fashion with Newlook

NL
Festival Fashion Timeline by New Look

New look have put together the above Evolution of Festival fashion and I remember many of the styles myself. I have b=never been to any of the big music festivals but I do hope I get to do it one day.
I do however tend to go to events like the Strawberry fair and County shows and festival fashion has its place at these events too.

This got me thinking about what type of festival fashion I would be likely to wear. I am a very practical person if I am honest and like to think of every eventuality. Festivals to me bring to mind, Spilt drinks, porta-loos and mud!

So what does that mean for my choices? well it totally excludes the idea of playsuits which seem to be the festival goers staple this year. There is no worse thought for me than struggling to undo and slink out of a playsuit while trying not to drop it on the gross floor (see I think far too much). This means I am likely to choose separates or dresses which can be lifted up out of the way easily or taken off quickly.  Spilt drinks are likely with hundreds of dancing and possibly drunk partying people so there is no way I want to be wearing my most expensive clothing. The chances of your feet being stood on are also high so for me there is no chance that I am going to be wearing my gorgeous sandals while dancing in a large crowd!

So with that in mind I have put together my choices.

All items can be found at Newlook (suncream is Tescos own)
For those hot and sunny days I have gone for the above outfit choices Shorts which are light weight, comfortable and easy to take on and off. They are also fabulous as I can dance and not flash my knickers! Asimple vest that can be worn tucked in or out a cover-up for when it gets a bit chilly or later in the evening.  Comfy shoes are my biggest tip, and these cute canvas ones are fab at protecting you from rouge stomping dancing feet. Don't forget the suncream and sunglasses very important!

My second outfit is for the cooler or wetter festival days.

Lightweigh trousers which are quick to dry and comfortable are my saviour for days out, team them with a vest or tshirt and have a cover-up handy for if you get chilly. a waterproof is also a great item to pack. Comfy shoes again or a pair of wells if it looks like it is going to be a rainy day, the ones I have chosen would also work for a hot rainy day outfit too!

I actually have a couple of pieces on there way out to me, which I am going to wear in my own little festival inspired outfit.



I Think I am going to team them with a pair of cuffed trousers or a midi skirt for a relaxed casual outfit.

So you remember some oh the festival styles from years gone by? Do you have an festival essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment