Friday 24 February 2012

Bettie Page Clothing Review

The Tatyana Dress

I have been looking at America to see what they offer plus size women compared to the UK, they have some amazing retro inspired clothing designers and Bettie page clothing has been one of my favourites for years, You can read more about the company and its founder/ designer HERE

When they said they would be happy to send me a dress to review, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
Tightened purse strings have meant I couldn't order any items from abroad for a while, so I have been coveting the dresses from afar.

I was struggling between the Tatyana Circle and the Alika dress so asked them to choose for me so I didn't have to make the decision myself, I turned out to be a great idea as I would normally have gone for the safer choice of the Alika over the animal print of the Tatyana.

When the dress arrived I wasn't disappointed the colours were vibrant and the Bengaline material was beautiful to the touch with just the right amount of give, to fit me perfectly.

Please excuse the slightly blurry first picture as it was highly windy and I kept moving :)



The dress feels fabulous on, I love the red belt and will probably wear it with my wide black belt too.


The back of the dress is what made me fall in love with it in the first place, I love the fold out and the button detail it is just different to the usual high, or V back. 


Detail of the button


Close up of the back of the dress, must get the rest of my back tattoo completed just so I can show it off in this dress :) 


Close up of the button hole (for show only), this is possible the only thing I would change on the dress, I think it would be nice with an actual button hole even though it is only for show. 

This dress is genuinely amazing, I felt sexy, sassy and fun all night in it at Plus London 2 Now I need to find the perfect dress for plus North! 

It retails for $132 and comes in sizes XS to 4XL I ordered the 4XL and I am a uk 20/22.

I have asked some questions about sizing of a few other dresses and will update as soon as I hear back from Bettie Page Clothing.

Mhairi. xxx

Disclaimer:- This dress was gifted to me for review by bettie page clothing, I have not been paid to give a positive review and it is all my own opinions and words.

25 comments:

  1. you look absolutely gorgeous!
    i love that dress! and been drooling over
    bettie page clothing for a long time.
    just wasn`t sure they deliver to japan or not
    and what to pay for customs. but they have
    some dresses i`m really dying to order.
    i`m looking forward to reading more about the sizing etc. ^^d MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so perfect, I will take my measurements tonight and try to show how much room is available in this dress to give people a better idea of the stretch. x

      Delete
  2. I love this dress on you! You looked gorgeous at Pluslondon 2 in it. I don't think it would fit me as I am a 24/26 :0(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a size 22 but have some room around the waist and bust in the dress, will try to get measurements for you. xx

      Delete
  3. Why don't we swap dresses for Plus North? I'll wear the Bettie Page, and you can wear the collectif (or any of my dresses really!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That could be a plan :) you would always be welcome to borrow it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning, both in person and in pictures. So the button was just for show?! Hahaha, when I was helping you get dressed at Plus London I thought you didn't want the button done because you wanted to show off the tattoo, not because there was no buttonhole! Tricky and confusing. The rest of the dress is perfect, and it looks fantastic with the red shoes and belt. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the Alika is such a stunner too!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I am thinking the Alika will have to be my next purchase but cant decide between the green or navy :) xx

      Delete
  6. Wow what a stunning dress!
    Looks great Mhairi !
    Love the shoes too!

    Jamie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look UTTERLY stunning in this - I'm coveting it - next trip to the States will involve a Bettie Page frock methinks.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh go for it, the dresses are just amazing, so many beautiful options! xxxx

      Delete
  8. Oh, I LOVE IT! You look amazing in it! Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this dress!!! It's looks absolutely beautiful on you. Betty Page has seriously amazing clothes. One of these days I need to rock the pinup look. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you would look amazing in some bettie page clothing, I ham hooked on about 3 dresses at the moment! they are stunning! xxx

      Delete
  10. That dress is so beautiful on you, I have been envious since I saw you in it at Plus London Two. The dress suits you really well and you look absolutely amazing!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It does make me feel good, which is a nice change, dresses still scare me, I wear one most days, but I just got tired of being in jeans all the time! I am going to put my measurements up soon so people can get an idea of the size it will fit, xxx

      Delete
  11. What a great dress. I often look at the Bettie Page site but rarely click to purchase. You look amazing and I love the Alika dress you mentioned too. Really LOVELY, hon. x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, this is a dress I can rock, so i love it :)

      Delete
  12. oohh!!! I LOVE this dress on you! So classic and chic- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it is such a beautiful classic shape, but the print is so fun and funky :) x

      Delete