Wednesday 8 February 2012

Plus London Two

Wow I cant believe it is wednesday already, it has taken me until now to recover from the epic day that was Plus London Two.

I was so ill last week I really wasn't sure I could make it on saturday, as well as the anxiety of just going out, but at 11 pm on friday night I decided to just go for it.

My crazy day started at 6.30am I got myself ready and finished packing and stuffed half a hot cross bun in my mouth (the last piece of food till 11pm that night) and headed to the train station, I headed for the Bakerloo line at Baker Street, where I found the gorgeousness that is Caroline of Curvy Wordy, you should check out her blog for amazing underwear fabulousness.
We headed off together to Anna Scholz where our adventures began.

What and adventure it was...

Anna has created two collections within the black and white labels, there really was something for everyone and far too much that I really really did like.






 There were so many vibrant colour and patterns making me wish for the warmer weather to come, there were a few items which really caught my eye and called to my purse.

The first item to really catch my eye was the original pattern I fell in love from the campaign photos

The colours were just so summery and bright.

But I really surprised my self by falling in love with the palm print fitted dress which is so far out of my comfort zone, but after being persuaded to try it I honestly would do anything to own this dress. 


I also loved that it worked on 3 completely different shapes and we all felt good in it. 

Above is the stunning Lauren who looked beautiful in the blue of this dress.

Anna Scholz, Liz and Kathryn all looked stunning too.


Caroline looked beautiful in the this dress I loved the orange colours.



She also looked a total hottie in this dress. x

Anna and cliff along with there whole team were so welcoming and friendly answering so many questions for us and throughout the morning, proving us with drinks and amazing hummingbird bakery cakes (I couldn't have any, they use cream cheese frosting on most things) 

Anna also did a fantastic Q&A session towards the end of the morning and it was fascinating to see how her collections and business have evolved.

I loved how she collects ideas for her collections and develops her mood boards by taking photos and collection samples over time to help her come up with ideas, I also loved that the python print she used in the purple and black dress was a real python skin scanned into a computer and coloured and stretched till she had her perfect pattern.

She also informed us that she is working on a simple basic range of classic items that would be available all the time, such as black trousers and shirts, which every girl needs.

it was a fabulous morning and I had so much fun meeting all the other girls, even if i did need to hide in a corner a couple of times to calm down my anxiety at being in a room with so many people at once.

After this a group of us raced off across london to the OSP offices for a practice of the catwalk, I was not modelling but my wonderful friend Kathryn was and as we were staying together in a hotel and need to check in we decided to stick together.

On arriving at the office, we had to ask for a drink and even though most of us were starving after dashing all over london no refreshments were offered and they even ordered pizza for themselves and ate it in front of us all, I don't expect them not to eat, but god have some manners these women were pushing themselves out of there own comfort zones to model there clothing without any form of payment, I think the least they could have done was provided some snacks for them.

Now I did end up on the catwalk, but only because someone didn't turn up and poor gina, who had done such an amazing job of looking after us all and working with OSP to get everything sorted was desperate, so I stepped in and went for it, I wont lie this was the most terrifying experience for me, I was having very bad asthma that day and anxiety was at its highest, but I did it.

Anyone who does get to see the photos from the show, please realise we DID NOT have any say in what we were wearing! 

I found it honestly bizarre that a company working with plus fashion bloggers did not allow them to select there own clothing from the new range to put together an outfit showing there own style and take on the clothing, instead we were all dressed in our worst nightmares of plus clothing and made to feel frumpy and unhappy.

After another mad dash across london with Kathryn and Caroline we managed to get checked into our hotel and headed straight back out to the strand gallery to prepare for the catwalk, I am not entirely sure why we needed to do all this running about as OSP didn't even get the running order right and had missed out most of us so it was still a mess, but we went on and a staggered my way down the catwalk in my ill fitting skirt and dodgy flip-flops which I kept attempting to fall out of, luckily I only needed to wear one outfit so as soon as I was done I got out of them and into my own dress.

Which was this stunning little number from Bettie Page clothing which they kindly gifted to me to wear for the event.


It went down a storm and I had so many lovely complements, and I will be doing a full review of it this weekend as I think it deserves some true screen time, to show just how wonderful it is. 

The evening was fabulous, we had clothing on show from Simply Be, Navabi, Asos Curve, Elomi, and a fabulous selection of vintage clothing from Michelle of Red Bows Boutique which were so fabulous.
There was also a pop up photo studio provided by the gorgeous Diana of Fashion Loves Photos I can not wait to see the photos!

Here are a few blurry photos I manages to take, violently shaking hands and tiredness do not make for a steady photo, whoops :)










The whole day was brilliant even the strange parts (OSP) were fun just because the wonderful women who's company I was in made it that way, and I feel that Claire of A Monkey Fatshionista deserves a huge thank you and should be so proud of the amazing event she pulled together it was a fabulous night and day and I am so glad I had the chance to be involved.

Thank you. xxxx




17 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a fantasic time...and shame on OSP for not being aware of their customer, or seemingly remotely bothered about the effect their bad manners was having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it was such silly little things, but I really felt for the girls, they had been building themselves up to the show for weeks and they were just so indifferent to us all :(

      Delete
  2. Great picciage! Looks so much fun!
    Thankies for sharing. ^^v MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an amazing day and night, really enjoyed myself. x

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos. I love the one of me and Carla. Your Betty Page dress was gorgeous, so sorry you didn't get much out of the whole modelling experience. You and the other girls were true professionals. xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnk you, I felt fabulous in my dress, I was only a stand in, I just felt so sorry for the girls and claire, who had worked so hard. x

      Delete
  4. It was so lovely meeting you. I was also being a bit shy and anxious around so much people I didn't know, but we were all in good company (except for the horrible people from OSP :S, but I do agree meeting all the lovely bloggers was a positive side of this). And your Bettie Page dress was stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud that we both made it through the day!! We make a good team xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were the first blogger I met at Anna's, and it was really lovely to meet you Mhairi :)! Thanks for being so nice to a blogging newbie like me!

    AND you looked absolutely gorgeous in your Bettie Page dress, stunning lady!


    - Hanna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hanna, You were so lovely yourself, and looked gorgeous throughout the day, your coat was stunning. xx

      Delete
  7. Hey Girl
    your dress was breathtaking
    especially the back was really awesome.
    Did not have the opportunity to talk to you but hopefully our roads will cross again :-)

    Mouna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It was the back I first fell in love with Bettie page are a company I have been following for years and love everything they make. x
      Hope we do meet again, do you blog? whats the address, I am rubbish with names. xxx

      Delete
    2. hey
      i will not thank you! now im hooked on bettie's page ;-)
      I do blog but im changing soon as i want a more independent blog
      here's the current one http://www.vivelesrondes.com/manouschka ill keep blogging there till the new one is ready but i just started to blog in english/french since the Anna Scholz post ;-)
      Read you soon xxxx

      Delete
    3. Sorry :) Bettie page is an easy addiction to have.
      I will follow your blog and look forward to the new one too :) x

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fabulous event - i adore the bettie page dress! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was such a fantastic day and evening, bettie page make some amazing dresses! x

      Delete