Monday 20 February 2012

Coat Reviews Part 3

It is now just over 4 weeks since I posted the initial review of the two coats, and since that initial post I have been wearing them to death! They have been my dog walking coats day to day task coats, going out coats, they have been in snow wind and rain and covered in mud.

So how did they do...

Simply Be

Double Breasted Caplet Trench Coat £80

This coat has been excellent so far I recently wore it to London for the Plus London Two bloggers event and found it warm and comfortable on all the train/tube journeys, it snowed heavily in london and most of the uk that weekend and it survived easily, a waterproof coat may have been a good idea, but I am never as warm in them.

It also had to be washed last week, I loved that it was machine washable, so when our crazy puppies managed to jump up at it and cover me in muddy paw prints I whipped it off and stuck it in the machine, and popped it on a clothes horse to dry after. Once dry the coat was clean, looked great and still had its shape, which was a huge relief.

I have not seen any noticeable bobbling, was expecting some after the amount I have been wearing it, especially in the usual places like under the arms, but pleasantly surprised to say it hasn't yet.

The colour is great, I find it can be worn with almost anything in my wardrobe and the removable caplet is fab, i like it on with my clutch bags and off when I use a shoulder bag.



It was so windy outside when I took these pictures that my hair went from being down and smooth to whipping about all over the place making me look a little insane :)

I didn't need to iron the coat after I washed it which was fab, I hate ironing with a passion, but I did make sure it was nice and straight on the dryer.

As it is I would still highly recommend buying this coat, it is versatile a gorgeous colour and works well with so many outfits, as it is warming up a little now, I will be out a lot more walking and shopping so it will get even more use, action shots to come.

Ann Harvey

Red Funnel Neck Coat £40

This coat has also been put through its paces and it is doing exceptionally well, I love it on casual days with the collar pulled up to keep me warm, being red it doesn't go with everything in my wardrobe, but it is incredibly versatile, I have worn it with jeans, skirts and dressed, and it looks good with them, but I did make the mistake of throwing it on with my green jeans and boots the other day and my step son had hysterical giggles as he thought I looked like an elf.

It hasn't needed to be washed yet, but I will be putting it in this weekend, so i will give an update about that after it is done.
I do love that I don't feel the need to be extra careful with it, the colour is dark enough not to show every speck of dirt, but vibrant enough to be interesting and brighten up my day.




The colour still makes me very happy, and I love wearing this coat, it is also a bargain at £40 in the sale right now, and is available in black, go take a peek.

I am starting a little photography project at the moment, so they will be tested out for practicality in use, and while carrying lots of equipment.

will be putting up the first months worth of reviews for the lovely double breasted cape coat form Ann Harvey as well this weekend, so look out for that.

Mhairi. xx


14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have so many coats haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just these too on the go at the moment, giving them a full 3 month road test to see how they cope with a winter of wear :) x

      Delete
  2. I really love the Simply Be coat on you-- the color and cut are really great! It's a very classic piece :)
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I can see it being a regular choice in years to come, I am going to see how it does over the 3 months and then revisit it at the beginning of next autumn to see if it can be used for a second season. x

      Delete
  3. It's nice to have a good coat for these cold months but they can be so tricky to find sometimes. xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I t was one of the main reasons I started this review, I normally end up in BHS and get something I don't like that fits badly and stresses me out, I am glad ann harvey and simply be offered to take part as it is nice to try something I wouldn't normally go for. x

      Delete
  4. The Simply Be one is beautiful, and machine washable too? That is definitely a huge bonus!! Great review :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge bonus on the washing front, especiall when it was smeared with muddy paw prints, made my life so much easier :) x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous coats both of them! Love the red! <3
    Been looking for a cute red coat for ages but
    haven`t yet managed to find the purrfect one...
    perhaps sumday. Really want it to be purrfect
    coz red is a hard colour for me to pull off.
    But I love it so..still looking. ^^ hih
    Anyhoops, they both look fab on you! ^^d MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very rosy cheeks and pale skin, so red was something I was worried about, but I am loving it! keep looking it is worth it :) x

      Delete
  6. lovely to see such gorgeous coats are keeping up with being worn....I've a winter coat from a retailer whom shall not be named, and the seam under the arm came apart with a few wearings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good, I love them both so far, the underarm seems are on my hit list, I have so many which have split! x

      Delete
  7. You look so pretty (not that you don't normally) but you just look more..... Relaxed! The outdoors suits you!! Both great costs, I think the simply be one has the edge for me x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being outdoors, plus pictures indoors always make me paranoid that you can see the mess, hahahaha :) xxx Thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete