Tuesday 14 February 2012

By Caprice Lingerie Review

Dianthus Black/Purple Gel Bra and Brief Set

A while ago I had @bycaprice follow me on twitter which is the official account for Caprice Bourret, she regularly posts photos of her lingerie collections on twitter for us to all drool over.

When the picture of the Dianthus in black/purple came up on my timeline I was instantly attracted to it, I replied to her that it was a beautiful set, and continued on with my day, but a short while later she approached me to ask if I would like to review it for her on my blog, I gave her my contact details and was quickly contacted by her PR team to ask what set and size I would like to review, as this was the set the caught my eye I went for it, and after a bit of a delay due to a change in staff members I received the gorgeous set in the post.

Now I would like to first point out that the sets are available in sizes 32A-38G and at the moment I am being measured into 38GG and 36H cups, so was slightly out of the cup sizes available, but felt this bra still needed to be reviewed.
Image from www.bycaprice.com
Well as you can see I definitely do not look like Caprice, but I have pretty perky boobs for a larger lady and have an excellent cleavage with the right bra, with the cups on this bra being a little bit small for me, I couldn't get the lift and shape I really like but they also do not look bad at first glance, but on closer inspection i did have a bit of quad boob when I breathed in and the central gore will not lie flush with my chest.

Front View
From the side the shape was actually pretty good too, it was fairly rounded and not pointed, a look I can't pull off very well.

Side View
This bra could have almost worked for me if I could have shortened the straps more, I do not have very deep shoulders and add to that very heavy boobs, I need straps to be of a width to be able to withstand this combination, and this was the one true let down of such a beautiful bra, they are far too thin for a lager cup, and I don't just mean at the top end of the band sizes either, because believe me a girl with a 32G cup is going to need some support from her straps too.

I just found that if I was to tighten them to the length I need to get the cups in the right position for optimum support I would have cut myself in half with the straps, it is something I often find with pretty bras, strap widths are not taken into account for a heavier breast.

Straps
Oh but the details are what truly still make me love this bra, I loved the vividness of the purple against the black and the pretty flowers embroidered on the fabric. 
Pretty Bras make my heart sing!

Embroidery/ colour detail

It also has a pretty bow on the central gore which is very pretty indeed!

All in all I will give this bra a positive thumbs up, and I know some women cope very well with thinner straps, but the weight of my breasts means my shoulders just cant cope with it, and I hope that one day caprice and her team manage to extend there cup sizes and also make there band sizes in both 28 and 30 backs and also in larger back sizes than a 38 as they are missing out on a hole market of eager women looking for beautiful bras.

I also recieved the matching briefs pictured in the official photo and I have to say they are also beautiful, and fitted me well.

If you would like to look at where to purchase lingerie by Caprice then please visit her website.

Please also note that all the photos have been lightly photoshopped by me as my skin is blotchy at the moment due to an allergy.



Disclaimer: this set was sent to me as a gift from Bycaprice lingerie from review, but I have not been paid to give a favourable review and all words are my own.

5 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty bra - unfortunatly i rarely fit into the celebrity ranges, or failing that the knickers don't go up to a big enough size. :0(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly my problem 99% of the time, but I just squeezed into this range, a good one for the inbetweenies, going to look at some ranges who cover better back and cup sizes, both small and big. x

      Delete
  2. The bra is really beautiful! i love the color and the gorgeous detailing on it. And (hope this doesn't sound creepy) it looks amazing on you! I never buy bras like that because they just never look great on me, buy I oh so want a pretty bra!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you not creepy at all :) go for the pretty bras, i follow some amazing lingerie bloggers who have helped me so much, with finding the right size and shapes for me. xx

      Delete
  3. Nice skin ;)
    __________________________________________________________
    Bras&Panties

    ReplyDelete