Tuesday 1 January 2013

Good bye 20bloody12

I am not going to do a look back at 2012 post because apart from my blog and the love of my family and friends it was honestly a really horrid year for us, so what I am going to do instead is think about the things I want out of 2013 and what I can make happen!

Health

2013 is about me and my health, asa general rule, I am pretty healthy, I have perfect blood pressure, excellent cholesterol and apart from a bit of asthma that I have had since I was 13 there is nothing really major BUT I am unfit!

Therefore I am going to walk more and get some exercise get my blood pumping and my endorphins flowing.

I am also going to beat my anxiety and depression and work hard on being positive about my life.

Work

I need to go back to work both financially and for myself as being cooped up indoors all the time feeds my anxiety and agoraphobia, my CBT therapy is centred around beating my agoraphobia to make living my life easier.

Not sure what I want to do, I have over 10 years admin experience as well as a fair few years in retail and customer service so I have some options, if you know of anything keep me in mind ladies and gents.

Rest

2013 will be about enjoying time with family and my animals enjoying these simple little happy times more. 
I will take a break when I need it but not come to a stand still anymore.

Play 

In the last 3 years I can count the number of nights out I have had on one hand, my agoraphobia has made it difficult for me to enjoy group activities but I miss my friends and most of them probably have no idea whats wrong with me, as I have pretty much become a hermit.

I love all my friends dearly and want them to know it, so 2013 is going to involve more activities with them.

Education

Last year I started my first year of an open university degree and my aim is to work my butt of to do my absolute best.
NO MORE QUITTING

Family

I have a husband who loves me for me and a gorgeous stepson who I love more than anything, we didn't get to do much last year but this year we will do more, if we cant afford to go out we will play games or watch a film together.

When we can, we will have days out.

Me and Marc need nights to ourselves and a date night occasionally is important!

Decisions, decisions, decisions......

2013 is about realising my life does not have to be set in stone, I can change my mind and make changes, it will have ups and downs but I need to work hard to make the ups more frequent!

Thank you

To finish off I want to thank all my readers for sticking with me through 2012 and also thank the amazing brands that I have had the chance to work with, I had the chance to attend some fabulous events last year and my blog has given me some amazing opportunities.

For all the fabulous ladies I have made friends with through my bog thank you for accepting me and making me welcome, you know who you are. 


I hope your coming year gives you all the light, love and happiness you deserve.

Mhairi
xxx



If Blogger decides to play nicely I will be back tomorrow with a FF post and I have a fabulous couple of reviews for you that I couldn't post before christmas due to blogger being useless.

4 comments:

  1. Stop calling it 'my agoraphobia and my depression'. They don't belong to you. They are leeches that are hitching an unwelcome ride on your life. Your life is yours, as are your decisions. I love you, and my wish for you is that 2013 is everything you hope and hold desire for.... XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, and you are right, they are leeches! xxxxxxx I hope the same for you and my gorgeous nephews. xxxx

      Delete
  2. Completely agree with the other commenter. Depression is a disease to be fought not an intrinsic part of you. Though as a fellow sufferer I know its a hard, up hill battle and even recognising it as a disease can be difficult.

    I hope 2013 is everything you want it to be and more. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete