Wednesday 6 March 2013

Fatshion Faceoff - Party Outfit

This weeks Fatshion Faceoff is our one Year anniversary, how cool is that! I have had so much fun in the last year, this weekly challenge has really helped me to push myself and try new things, some have been terrible mistakes but others have been amazing!

This week we decided that we would create a post showing what we would wear if we had the chance to party together.

I decided that I would wear the fabulous dress that Betty Page Clothing kindly sent to me, it is the perfect party dress, I love the gorgeous colour and the stunning little details like the bow and the cutout net section at the neckline.

It can be worn with a Crinoline for a full on 50's vibe or without for a more subtle option, I think with the right jacket or cardigan it could easily be adapted for wearing in the office.

I have taken photos of the dress both with a crinoline and without for you to see, and as it was very chilly this evening I am wearing my trusty little cardigan from Matalan.


I am wearing it with the crinoline that it is advertised with on the Bettie page website, the pink and green are fabulous together and make me thing of spring!
Bettie page have a new crinoline available which looks amazing and much softer than this one, I am hoping to get hold of one as I do find this one a little stiff for my liking. 

Whoops have a little bit of pettie coat slip going on here but I love the fabulous shape of the circle skirt.

Thought I would take it on a little spin for you.

This is the dress without the Crinoline, I love it like this too, the skirt is fabulous!

So much movement!
I can not wait for the weather to warm up enough for me to wear this without tights and feel all summery in it!

I wish I was with my fabulous FF ladies tonight to party, but one day we will all get together!

Go see what gorgeous outfits they have come up with, I know they will all look stunning!

Dani: DIY Fatshion http://www.diyfatshion.com
Hanna: The Wardrobe Challenge http://thewardrobechallenge.co.uk/
Mouna: Brussels Fatshion http://www.brusselsfatshion.com
Olivia: Wait Until The Sunset http://www.waituntilthesunset.com

Mhairi
xxx




14 comments:

  1. THIS dress is cgorgeous mhairi!!!
    xxxx (jealous) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! I was thinking of getting the pencil skirt version.
    The Bette Paige clothes are so cute! You look fabulous!
    Hugs, Susan @stylingwithsusieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pencil skirt version is stunning :) you should go for it. xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm dying at how pretty that dress is, one in every colour for me please :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my aim in life :) I want the Navy next :) xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely dress! I'm a sucker for anything twirly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress and the pink pop! Eep! Such a cute and elegant outfit all in one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooooooovvvee this dress!!! I've been eyeing it off myself!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is beautiful on you and the color is gorgeous. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! That dress is so very gorgeous and I'm loving the pink and green combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your dress so pretty


    Check out my giveaway!!
    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/flashon-nails-giveaway.html

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete