Friday 29 March 2013

Charity Shop Challenge

Good Evening, A little while ago the lovely Sarah of Sarah Smiles asked if anyone would like to take part in a little charity shop challenge with her, I thought it sounded fun and asked if I could come along.

Our budget was £15 and we needed to put together an outfit from our local charity shops.

No I found this challenge a total nightmare but totally fun, my local charity shops can be amazing, I live in a fairly affluent town and I often spot some fantastic bargains often with there original tags still on, typically though when I needed something they were pretty useless but they finally came through literally with only a day to spare.

I managed to pick up this lovely black Evans maxi, its is pretty simple and looks to be hardly if ever worn, it is perfect for the spring summer season ahead and I will get quite a bit of wear out of it I am sure. The dress came in at £7

The shoes were my best charity shop find ever! they are brand new Newlook shoes, the soles are spotless, and for the bargain price of £5 I am very happy to have found them.

The cardigan is from Gap and still had the shop tag in it, I bought it for the fabulous price of £2.50

So I actually came in under budget, but didn't have quite enough to get any accessories so I teamed it with my own globe watch and I am also wearing a vest I already owned under the dress.


Charity shops can be so much fun, my local Mind charity shop had a pair of Louboutins in a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't even bring myself to check the price of them, just in case I wanted them :)

I am a natural born bargain hunter and seeing the number of clothing items that still have there original price tags, they can be well worth a look, and it feels good to give something to charity.

Go and see Sarah, I know she will look fabulous!

Mhairi
xxx

8 comments:

  1. thank you for doing this with me :-)
    love the outfit great for the summer and under budget yay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes and what a bargain!

    Jess
    xo
    http://lovelyjubblyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have heard me squeel when I found them :) x

      Delete
  3. Love what you both found :) I'm loving that maxi and for £7 I'm jealous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good fins so simple for the spring :) x

      Delete
  4. some fab finds. Love the dress and I like that you've teamed it with a bright coloured vest x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it needed something under but I didn't want something boring :) x

      Delete