Monday 4 March 2013

How to Wear: Spring trends - Bold Stripes

Recently, the lovely Fleur from Most Wanted, which is the lifestyle magazine for Vouchercodes.co.uk, she asked me if I would like to take part in a challenge, I was given £80 to spend on items that would allow me to interpret a plus size version of the spring trend Bold Stripes.

I love a good challenge so decided to go for it, I started me search by looking at lots of google images from the recent LFW and there were plenty of stripes on offer in the street photography area, so with these images in mind I set off on a journey to find some bold strips for plus sizes.

My biggest problem was that everything was pretty much black and white stripes and I really fancied some colour, After an epic search I finally found what I was looking for and ended up with some bold colours and some navy and white.

In total I spent £79.75 including posting for 2 items.

Below are the outfits I created.

I wanted something that was really bright and bold, but that was casual and comfortable for everyday activities, I loved the colours of this Forever 21+ jumper and I ordered one size up so it fitted loosely and a little longer.
£18.75




For My second outfit I wanted something a little smarter that could be dressed Up or down, I teamed it with my White Asda Moda top and knitted waistcoat, for a relaxes look for lunch in town, the jeans are navy, and I think they would look amazing with a gorgeous navy or white peplum top or tunic, I cant wait to dress them up.
Cotton Rich Striped Denim Jeggings - Marks And Spencer £20




I also manager to get a couple of accessories to show that bold stripes do not have to necessarily be shown in your clothing but you can introduce trends to your wardrobe simply and easily without them being too daunting.
Navy/white stripe satchel - Dorothy Perkins
£28
Navy stripe sarong - Dorothy Perkins
£12


You can even go for bright stripes in your accessories to push your comfort zones out a little this bag from river island really caught my eye.


Some of the other spring trends I really have my eye on are Monochrome and Sheer as I love both.

How would you interpret the spring trends? Will stripe be a part of your wardrobe?

Mhairi
xxx




4 comments:

  1. Looking Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leggings and satchel :) also how sexy are those boots on the last pic twit twoo !! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) xxx The boots are rocketdog and I love them :) x

    ReplyDelete