Wednesday 14 September 2011

LBD vs LCD

Little Black Dress vs Little Coloured Dress


This is something I have been seeing in the shops, Dorothy Perkins are making a big thing of the little coloured dress right now, with some fabulous offerings.
But as a plus sized woman, who every year has serious panic attacks about social events due to a few horrible experiences in the past, I find christmas and all the gatherings with friends and family incredibly hard, and not knowing what to wear even harder.
As you can imagine finding that perfect outfit to make me a little more confident and a little better prepared to handle the situation becomes a high priority for me right around now, as I know how difficult I can be.
So today I took a trip to town for some window shopping and to try on some styles I like, to see if I will be sticking to the tried and tested LBD of being a bit braver in my choices and going for a LCD.
I didn't get much chance to try on many dresses today, this is because as usual the shops had hardly any sizes available for me.


But here are a few I did try.



Evans - Red Ponteroma Tunic Top £29.50

This Tunic I have to say is AMAZING! I love how thick the material is, it hangs beautifully and feels lovely. I can see me getting so much wear from this, It is long enough to wear with tights as a dress or with leggings as I did today, and with jeggings and jeans.



Betty Jackson. Black at Debenhams - Orange Bold Stripe Jersey Dress £60.00

I loved the bold colour of this dress but without super duper sucky in knickers I felt a little bit big round the middle.



Betty Jackson. Black at Debenhams - Navy Blue Full Skirted Shift Dress £65.00
This dress was Gorgeous very heavy feel, fully lined and gorgeous colour and belt, dark enough to count as a LBD but with a splash of colour, I tried it in a 20 and have on a terrible bra that offers little support and it was huge on my back so think I could go down to an 18 with some decent foundation underwear!



Betty Jackson. Black at Debenhams - Orange Floral Shirt Dress £65.00
I didnt have a chance to try this dress on, but loved the colour so vibrant and fun!

Betty Jackson. Black at Debenhams - Dark Turquoise Three Quarter Sleeve Shift Dress £65.00
I didn't see this in the shop or I would have tried it on, I think it is similar to the Navy dress and looks stunning.

                                      


Betty Jackson. Black at Debenhams - Natural Colour block Dress £65.00
Has a lovely back too!

  

Dorothy Perkins - Orange Colour Block dress £42.00
I went to try this on in the shop today, but they only had one in the whole store and it was a 14, but the back of this dress is so pretty!


Anna Scholz for Simply Be - Black Velour Dress £70.00
Simply be have some gorgeous offerings at the moment, but I do love the sexy shape of this dress.



Simply Be - Simply Voluptuous Dress £62.00
My boobs are the bane of my life, fitting them in a dress often leaves me in a size or two bigger than i need for the rest of my body, very tempted to try one of these out to see if they can work for me.


Simply Be - Bespoke Little Black Dress - £70.00
I love this dress, it is sexy and fits the AW11 fetish trend very well with the corseted section at the waist, Simply Beautiful!


Simply Be - Simply Voluptuous Dress £62.00
Same as the black above but braver in colour for me, and as it is available in E-G cup to, could be perfect!


Simply Be - Angels and Ribbons Lace Tunic Dress £48.00
I love this colour! are you getting that from my dress selections so far?

Sorry this has been a photo heavy post but though it would be a good exercise for me to try new things so far I am in love with the Betty Jackson Navy and turquoise dresses and want to order a couple of items from simply be when I can afford to!

So what is it going to be for you this party season the trusty LBD or the brave LCD let me know what you think in the comments.

Mhairi. xxxx





4 comments:

  1. Love the navy blue shirt dress from betty jackson! it looks awesome with the belt! also love the black velour one from Simply be but not sure on the fabric?!?

    Toni
    myplussizedwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The navy dress felt gorgeous on, I want to know how thick the material is on the simply be dress, thin velour material shows everything I don't want to show! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the navy dress is gorgeous! I love the extra pop of colour with the belt. I also rather like the red dress you tried on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it just divine! I am going to find a way to afford it, I am honestly in love, the red one is a must too, so easy to wear and versatile too!

    ReplyDelete