Wednesday 25 January 2012

Company Casting Call, my reasons for entering


My Reason for entering the Company Magazine competition.
My reasons for entering are many, but some of them include -
Pushing myself - I have suffered so long from a serious lack of self esteem and agoraphobia that this year I am aiming to push myself to try new things go new places and even enter crazy competitions that I just cant win! 
Real Women -  This is a term I am not that comfortable with I believe that every Woman is real wether it is physically or mentally, We are all Real women, but this competition is supposedly for real women but the main prize is a photo shoot with River island who I love might I add, but who only cater to a market of women size 18 and under if you want to wear there clothing which is fine by me, but where does that leave every other women over a size 18 or under a size 6 because they do exist (and it doesn't automatically mean they are anorexic either).

I have found myself in the past jumping on the, when did this become sexier than this type pictures and liking them automatically, but it ISNT sexier we are all sexy and every one has different tastes.

But I want to at least put myself out there, I love fashion and although I am just beginning to experiment and get my mojo back, and I know it is not even remotely possible that I will win I still find it liberating to at least put myself out there.
Fun - Sometimes it just time to have a little fun and do something crazy, and I love that so many of us plus size lovelies are joining the fun, below are the links to all of us who are entering, you can like more than one person, so vote for us all if you are feeling generous.


Mine is 


BoombandsEm - The reason we are all entering read her post about her reasons why here!

Toni22 -  her reasons for entering can be found here!

MissKathryn - her reasons for entering can be found here!

Rosieroundface - her reasons for entering can be found here!

Ceri - her reasons can be found here!

Sara - Her reasons can be found here! 

Thank you

Mhairi, xxx

4 comments:

  1. good luck with your entry hun. It would be fantastic if a plus-size girl won this competition. I can just see it - naked apart from a pair of River Island heels and a handbag! Awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha, this was exactly what I thought yesterday :) xx

      Delete
  2. you are stunning. hope you win!
    xx-
    sabrina
    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't think there is much chance of that, but feel good at least putting myself out there! x

      Delete