Friday 13 January 2012

Emerald Dreams

Green, Green, Green!!!

It is one of those colours that people seem to either love or hate, personally I LOVE it, It suits my complexion and my hair colour and i find it such a rich sexy colour.

I own quite a bit of green clothing and have more on its way, but after seeing it on the red carpets of the Peoples Choice Awards and Critics Choice Awards on both Emma Stone and Nina Dobrev, I wanted to look at the options out there for plus size women.

Below are the items I liked the most, In a selection of different shades of green.






Ava Dress - Pinup Girl Clothing
Teal crossover top - Evans
Nicole Dress in Parisian Green - IGIGI
Green Gingham playsuit - Asos Curve
Khaki Trousers - Dorothy Perkins
Green Wedges - Dorothy Perkins
Studded Clutch - Dorothy Perkins

I love green in almost all its forms but especially teal and dark forest green, but this year I may try something a bit brighter, The Ava must be mine.

Is green for you, do you love it or loath it?

I will be blogging over the weekend with the start of my Coat reviews so come back and check them out. xxx

Mhairi
xxx

16 comments:

  1. I adore green too! Teal is a great colour on me and I love green in the colour of the stripe down the middle of your photo collage but need to have a tan (fake or genuine!) when wearing it otherwise I look ill :-S I'm so excited this is a trendy colour this season x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pale skinned but I have naturally red hair under all the dyes, so it just seems to be a colour that works for me, It always makes me happy too :) x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE green! I always try and wear something green, be it in my clothes or make up. I'm a natural red head too, so the majority of the green colours go well with my hair and skin :0) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love green makeup but it took a long time to figure out how to wear it without it looking like a bad black eye :)

      Delete
  3. I need them shoes in my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like a bit of green, despite years of wearing it as my school uniform1 I generally prefer dark emeralds or teals, as I'm not really a super bright colour person...well I didnt used to be anyway! But yeah, not a fan of what you'd call bottle green....too many awkward teenage memories of being at school associated with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my uniform was blue :) never known what attracts me to green, but I just love it :)

      Delete
  5. I'm not that big of a green fan, I like teal & love aqua, and i'm fond of neon green, but I admit, green isn't something I really wear. I do love the dress above that Emma Stone is wearing, and I think if the item was right, i'd wear green, but give me pink or blue over green any day! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teal is my all time favourite colour, the only blues and inks I can pull off have to be dark, but green really does make me happy, it appeals to my heart :)

      Delete
  6. who is the curvy red-head? is she from Mad Men? She looks fab...green really suits a red-head. I think if I did the whole 'big wedding' thing (winning the lottery is more likely), sage green would def. be one of my colours. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one on the right? she is a model from Pin up girl clothing :) xx

      Delete
  7. I am a green fan! That playsuit is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, but not sure I could ever pull off a playsuit :) x

      Delete
  8. I am definitely lusting for more green in my wardrobe! I want something in rich emerald!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete