Wednesday 14 August 2013

Furniture restyle

So, my house is a disaster, we have been here 3 years and still have not managed to finish decorating, there always seems to be something in the way, be it finances, time or the energy, we still live in a disaster!

So I am starting some projects around the house and want your help on making some of the decisions.

My first project is a pine wardrobe I picked up for free from my local Freecycle.

As a side note, Freecycle is brilliant! I often check it out and post our unwanted items on there as finding something perfect for you and giving it a new home instead of it ending up on a landfill somewhere is a far better ending.

The wardrobe we have is fairly plain but it is solid and well looked after but it is a bit dull and scratched in places from its years of use.

It is very similar in style to this one.

Now, I kind of fancy painting it I am thinking maybe white or a duck egg blue or both.

I came across this image on Pinterest and I am in love!

You can see the post HERE and it links to the awesome blog!

So what do you think, play with some paint or keep the pine?

I am thinking of doing some posts about completing my projects are these something you would like to see? I have garden furniture and other bits of furniture to play with.

Mhairi
xxx





1 comment:

  1. ooohhh I totally missed callie's posts, I am off to go search for them now :)

    ReplyDelete