Wednesday 22 January 2014

Making The Most Of Your Wardrobe Featuring Simply Be

The last few years, for us, have been difficult financially, my husband has had to jump from one temporary contract to another far too many times and has sometimes had to sign on in between. This has meant me putting a hold on my clothing budget, meaning I could only buy the essentials, luckily I do get sent clothing items now and then through the blog so that is a bonus.

Making my wardrobe work year round has been very important to me because of this so when I do shop I buy items that are versatile, that can see me through multiple season and be layered for warmth in the winter. Each season I do try to get one or two bits that will help me work with what I already have.
Just before Christmas Simply be sent be a selection of items that I could use to make my winter wardrobe more adaptable for winter into spring.

My first item is something I purchase most winters, Knee-high Boots, as I wear them on a daily basis, I always look for a pair that looks good for day and night.

I was sent these fabulous Anna Scholz Studded boots, they are great thrown on over leggings but are smart enough that I can wear them out in the evening, which is perfect for my budget! they are in the sale right now so grab a bargain.

Next up is a dress that is great in the daytime with a jumper or cardigan over the top but easily dressed up for the evening.
I adore the print of this dress and the colour is beautiful, it is great to wear with tights ankle boots and a chunky knit cardigan, or I can throw it on with heels or my knee boots for an evening out.

A good knit is very important for a versatile wardrobe it helps with layering against the cold, easily dresses down an outfit to make it more casual and works with so many outfits. I often go for cardigans as they are the easy option but this time I went for a jumper, I wanted the option of a skirt and top look if I team it with my dresses.
It is fluffy and warm and wonderful, It is fabulous with jeans and over blouses and dresses.

The last item I was sent were an awesome pair of leggings, I have a ton of plain black legings but sometimes I want to make a plain out fit stand out.
These are perfection, appealing to my inner 90's teenager.
 Over the coming weeks I am going to try to show you as many outfits as possible including items from this selection to show you how I make my wardrobe work for me on a very tight budget.

Do you shop for key versatile items or are you a trend setter, do you just buy what you love regardless of if it fits in with your current wardrobe?

Mhairi
xxx




2 comments: