Wednesday 15 January 2014

Violeta by Mango

This collection is going to take a beating from the plus community, for not being bold enough and not offering the same range and Mango's main line, but I have to say I am kinda in love with most of it.
Sometimes I do like to stand out in crazy fashion but other times I like to feel grown up and sophisticated, and that is the feeling I get form this collection.

Mango is a brand I have loved for years, my parents moved to Majorca in the late 90's when I was coming to the end of my teens and Mango was a huge brand there, so many of my clothes came from them for quite a while until I no longer fitted in them. 

The Violeta range isn't as brave as there main range but it does stick to there design feel, it is clean, sophisticated and simple, the prices are slightly higher maybe but not by much.

Robyn Lawley looks amazing in the press images!





I have chosen some of my favorite pieces, there are many more but the post would bet a bit long if I added them all.










Even though the range isn't breaking any new fashion barriers or taking huge risks, I do think it is important to remember that Mango are taking  leap by introducing a plus range. The sizes apparently go up to a 24 which hopefully can be improved on but very few other brands have taken this step, hopefully if it does well it will improve and become bolder!

What do you think of the range?

Mhairi 
xxx








3 comments:

  1. i love this collection! all of the outfits are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read some of the comments on violeta on other blogs (all negative!). I love this collection, its is so simple with some really nice twists. This is something I can also wear to work and still look stylish and modern. Other brands (like Ashley Stewart or New Look) are sometimes too fashionable and too outlandish.
    By the way: Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete