Sunday 11 December 2011

Simply Be Review 2

Zandra Rhodes Vintage Print Dress.

This is the second item sent to me by Simply Be for review, I chose this dress, as I fell instantly in love with the colour! Anything green or purple and I am hooked!

On the model the sleeves hit her half way between wrist and elbow, but on me the hit me on my wrist which I wasn't keen on, but as I always have a cardigan on even in summer, this isn't a problem for me, just be aware of it, if you are short like me.

Cardigan - Marks and Spencer (very old)
Tights - 100Denier Tesco
Boots - Wide Fit Next
I chose to wear it for a day out christmas shopping and having some lunch with my other half, so I wore my old Marks and Spencer wrap cardigan, my Evans belt, thick tights and my biker boots. 

The dress comes with a separate green slip as the material is very sheer and it has adjustable straps, my husband laughed at how excited this made me, but I have very short shoulders and straps on dresses always need to be tied or shortened.

The pattern looks very red in the pictures but it is very dark almost purple/red, I originally wore it with dark plum coloured tights from Evans but as they fell apart in less than 2 hours I went back to my trusty  Tesco 100 Denier Tights!

I felt really pretty and relaxed all day in the dress I also tried it with my black polo neck jumper under and it looked good with it too, so has lots of options for both winter and summer wear.
I also love that It can easily be dressed up with some heels for a night out.

As my only negative with this dress was the length and looseness of the sleeves at the wrist, which I can easily fix with a bit of creativity I would recommend this dress as the colour is so so pretty!

You will get to see me all dressed up next week with make up and nice hair for my wedding anniversary, and my final review piece for Simply Be.

Disclaimer : This item was given to me free of charge from Simply be for review, but all comments are my own and I have not been asked or paid to give any items a favourable review.

16 comments:

  1. OMG! I love that dress! I want one, and the cardigan please! :D

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: The model.

    I am sorry, but I still don't believe that, unless you're a professional ballroom dancer, tights should never be worn with slingback, srappy, heeled sandals! :D

    Jus' sayin'! :D

    Claire. Again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, your nuts you know that don't you, sorry but it winter, sod the no tights and sandals, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu look stunning! I actually want this whole outfit! well Jell!

    Toni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww ty, I did feel really good in it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love that dress!
    Loved your ideas for dressing it down or up to suit the occasion..

    Good job!

    Keep up the good work!:-))
    Jamie xx

    Jamie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I warn you, your new wardrobe is not safe! Lock it all up for when I arrive next week! :P

    I'm a lovable nutter! :D

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, I shall barricade the doors of my wardrobe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've styled the dress! You've dressed it down so well! I like the belted cardi and those boots. Well done!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you turned what could have been a quite frumpy dress (I thought about buying it, but didn't for that reason) into something funky and workable. Cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colour was so me, I wanted to figure out a way to wear it, I wasnt sure when I put it on, but as soon as i found the right cardi and the belt, it just felt good :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. that dress really suits and flatters you, not one id have picked but ill certainly think about it now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a hard one to wear on its own, but I love how it works with the cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dress looks gorgeous on you! The colour suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete