Monday 11 June 2012

Dea London Visit

Dea London is a designer office wear brand who will be coming to join us at Plus North, I recently had the pleasure of visiting there studio with Becky and Toni who are wearing an outfit designed by them and Dea during the day at Plus North.

The amazing Jelena, who is the designer behind Dea London, invited the girls and myself to the studio to do the fitting, it is based in a fabulous warren of a building which rents spaces to all sorts of creative types, I loved it in there!

I took lots of photos of her working with Becky and toni on there designs and measuring them up for the finished garments.

Enjoy.

Toni looking very serious during the initial measurements

Far more relaxed now :)

Discussing fit and shape

Measuring Becky

Gratuitous booby shot

making notes on Beckys design 


 The studio made me happy, I loved the sewing machines and the feel of the room, it makes me realise how much I want to learn to make clothes, I need to get myself booked onto some courses this september.

I loved this, I know thats silly, but when I manage to get my office sorted I am having a sewing desk, and I will be making myself one of these!

Also need to sort myself out an inspiration board

Trade press coverage

Sewing machines

Overlocker I think??? Just loved how it looked.

If you havent already seen the clothing Dea London offer head over to the website for the full range, below are a few of the items I loved!

If I am honest they are out of my current price range but I know some of my readers are in good well paid jobs and like to dress in fabulous clothing, I know i would definitely buy some items if I was working as I love how different and sexy they are!

This dress is amazing, the details are awesome, and I want it to be mine, you know when you find a dress/outfit, that you know you could rock would get you that job you really want, this dress is that for me, it feels beautiful and i just know i would feel amazing in it!




I love how it looks on the model.

I need this dress for my interviews!


This dress is also gorgeous in person, on the hanger it is easy to dismiss it, but on the model it looks fab again!


The next dress has a nifty little scarf feature which I love, you pop one around your neck and have an end peeking out of the pocket on the chest, I love the versatility of it, could change your scarf every week depending on mood! 

This is it on its own with out the scarf.


on the model.

I love the sexy sheep part of this dress, I would prefer the top to be more black than it is as the sheen isn't for me, but it love the shape and silhouette so much!

Thats just some of the items I love and the website has so much more to see, Jelena will be at Plus North asking for our opinions on her clothing and asking what we would like to see, so say hello while you are there.

A huge thank you again to Jelena for allowing me to gatecrash her fitting session and being so lovely! xx

I now need to find a fabulous job just to wear these gorgeous items, but first i need to save up for the first dress to guarantee I get the job!

Mhairi
xxx










8 comments:

  1. Lovely review of Dea office :). And MY GOD that last dress is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! *wantwantwantwantwant* xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fabulous, I can so see you rocking that last dress, I need to save osme cash to get my perfect dress :) xx

      Delete
  2. all the dresses look BEAUTIFUL! and how fun that they get to be custom fit! Now THAT'S exceptional service!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, she was so attentive and lovely too, would be happy to get fitted with her :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure which dress I want more, they are all quite lovely. As to the custom fit, that's awesome! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete