Monday 25 February 2013

We all fall down!

Sometimes life feel like a kick in the teeth! The last few month for me have felt like that often, I promised myself 2013 would be better than 2012 and it mostly has.

I started a new job a few weeks back but unfortunately I have had to give it up due to it being too many hours alongside studying my degree, I am genuinely in awe of people who manage to balance full time study with full time work.

This situation threw me into a major funk of depression and anxiety, but I seem to be clawing my way back out of it.

My disappointment in myself has been hard to shake but I need to realise that I am actually proud of myself for trying something that even 3 months ago would have been utterly impossible for me, I went to my job, I tried and although it didn't pan out, I didn't leave because I could cope with the job itself but because it jeopardised my ability to complete my degree.

Today I am making a go of turning a corner and getting on with my life as I know it and I am not going to dwell on what I have not done but what I can do.

Today is finally my gym induction and I have an appointment to see my GP so going to get back on track.

I am still trying to catch up on my review items that I have had since November, which means reviews are popping up fairly regularly, sorry if it is too much, but normal service is nearly ready to resume.

Mhairi
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Stay strong lovely and if you ever need to chat you know where I am xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww babes, I am so sorry to read this. Sometimes we do need to prioritise things, and it seems you're doing just that.

    Much love my lovely,

    K xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous, This is my last chance at my degree as I will never be able to afford to pay for my own fees, and student loans wont cover my first year again after this one, so I need to focus on it as fully as I can :) xxx

      Delete
  3. You should definitely be patting yourself on the back for realising it was too much to take on and adjusting things. It's difficult to do that when you're not feeling great so well done!
    I'm sorry things are tough, keep going lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete