Wednesday 11 September 2013

Lifestyle - Bedrooms and beds

I will soon have some DIY posts, going live on the blog for you, I am going to show you our bedroom from bare walls to completion.

Before then though, I wanted to show you some of the items I am obsessing over and want for our new bedroom.

Starting with beds!

Ok, so me and my husband have broken 4 beds in 10 years, and it isn't as exciting as it sounds! two of them were broken when we were not even plus sized.

My favourite breaking, was when my husband thought he was hilarious and body slammed me into the bed WWE style, full on flipped me upside down and threw me on it, and bent the centre pole.

Yes we have been known to be a bit bonkers!

But now that we are plus sized, we are more aware of the wear and tear our beds take and as we are currently sleeping on the worlds cheapest small double divan bed I am just waiting for it to become bed number five! Before this bed we had been on a mattress on the floor after bed number 4 broke.
So we have decided that we need to spend more on our beds as cheap ones are really not up to the challenge!
We also plan to spend much more on a mattress as ours has already begun to sag and is awful to sleep on!

So these are some of the beauties we have our eye on.

Next have an amazing array of beds, I love the rustic white and cream metal ones best.
Source - prshots.com

Places like Bensons beds have huge selections of beds
They have some beautiful choices.

But all this searching got me thinking about what we need from a bed.

1. It needs to be a king size bed as a minimum, Marc is 6'2" and very broad shouldered, in a double his legs go off the end of the bed and we drive each other crazy with the lack of space.
2. It needs to be strong, 4 beds broken has shown us a bargain is not always the way to go.
3. the mattress needs to be firm and able to last a long time while supporting us.
4. It needs to be pretty!

With all these in mind I carried on my search but googled reinforced beds, I had expected to find dosgy hospital looking contraptions and that is mostly what I found, but I did come across one diamond in the rough, The reinforced bed company.

I love that they are a UK based company and make all the beds to order, the beds are extra strong for both plus size customers as well as people who just want a good strong bed, that will last.

The companies aim was to offer a bed that is not only strong but that is still beautiful to look at, and that is what drew me in for a full look around the website.

They offer a whole range of beds frames, from Wooded, Wrought Iron, Brass & Nickel to Divans so I had plenty to look at. 

These were my favourites

This is the Arizona it like that it is simple but still really pretty!

I love this one it is called the Montana, I love the mix of brass with the ivory.


How lovely and warm is the colour of the antique brass on the Georgia

Now I could just keep going on and on with pictures but I wont drive you all mad, head on over to the website HERE and take a look around they really are gorgeous.

They also offer reinforced mattresses too, which I think is pretty awesome, hopefully no more collapsing mattresses!

I will also be putting up a little link in my side bar as I do not think that UK businesses get enough recognition, I think to be honest, I will most likely be saving up for one of these gorgeous beds as I know they are designed to take us and that they will look gorgeous in our room.

Do you love or loath your bed? 
I want to love my next one!

Mhairi
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment