Wednesday 21 March 2012

Review - IGIGI

A while ago I was offered the chance to review a dress of my choice from IGIGI, I was so excited the clothing they make looks so beautiful, with bold patterns and gorgeous colours, so I searched through the site trying to decide which ones I love the most.


Now as you can tell from my blog, I have a bit of a penchant for Circle skirts and flowing dresses, so i decided to push my fashion boundaries and try something new, something terrifyingly fitted, it was a huge challenge to myself as I do not wear fitted clothing!


The dress I chose was the Nicole dress in Berry, when it arrived I was not disappointed, the cut colours and material is amazing, it is a lovely thick jersey type material  (Material: Poly/Viscose/Elastane Double Knit).


I choose to order a US size 14/16 as the last dress I ordered from the US in an 18/20 was big on me, the fit is almost perfect, even has a little room on the bust, which is surprising with my ample bosom, at the moment, I am a little bloated for some reason, so there was a bit of VBO going on, but I could easily solve this with a body shaping dress under, I just need to decide which one to try. 


so some pictures of me in the dress...


The colour is fabulous, and even with the slight VBO is still felt amazing in it.

The ladies were happy in there! 

Tried to show you the material it is lovely and thick, doesn't crease easily and falls nicely. x

Just wanted to show the pretty necklace i got in the sale a while ago. 

Arghhh VBO, but not sure I really care. x

There are so many dresses available on the IGIGI website and I want everyone in the UK to know about them, the quality and fit of this dress is amazing, I wouldn't be able to size up in this as my shoulders would just be too narrow for the 18/20 so happy to stick a shape wear piece under.

I really want to try one of the maxi dresses to see what the fit and material is like they look amazing, my favourites are


and I would also love to try one of there gorgeous feminine wrap circle style dresses, my favourite is the Paloma, the colour is perfect for me. 

Take a look at IGIGI they are stunning and well worth the price. 

Mhairi
xxx


19 comments:

  1. i looooooove that dress! IGIGI has amazing clothes. so badly want to order. you look great! <3 loooove ^^<3 MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can highly recommend this dress, It made me feel very grown up and sexy :) told my OH he needs to take me out for dinner :)

      Delete
  2. That dress is lovely on you! :) I really want that Tropical Maxi dress, but I've nothing to wear it too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was thinking exactly that, but I think I would happily just swish around at home in it, I have a wedding later in the year, maybe I will order it for then :) x

      Delete
  3. Lovely dress! You look great! I've looked at that websites loads but wasn't sure what the quality would be like, so I might have to order :) great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am impressed by this one, and hope to buy some when I can. x

      Delete
  4. Lovely dress, you look great! I have the Rainforest Maxi and it is beautiful, sadly though quite flimsy and it ripped the first time I put it on :( Although my other IGIGI dresses are great and good quality.

    Again, you look lovely and it fits your boobies well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that is such a shame, it looks stunning, but I am clumsy so would probably destroy it in the first wearing then :) xx

      Delete
    2. Hi,

      This is Candace from Customer Care at IGIGI by Yuliya Raquel. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you were having with your Rainforest Maxi Dress!

      Can you contact me at service@igigi.com? I'd like to see about getting an exchange for you and this dress.

      Look forward to hearing from you,

      -Candace

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thank you for reaching out, I was able to get in contact with @petroleumdoll about sending her an exchange for her Rainforest Paradise Maxi dress. Thanks again for tweeting her!

      -Candace
      IGIGI by Yuylia Raquel
      Customer Care Representative

      Delete
    2. No problem, I love this level of customer care. xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you both - I was at work so didn't see this. Candace I've emailed you - hope you got it and thank you for the great response, I never expected it! X

      Delete
  6. You look gorgeous. I have seen Igigi on the Curvety website and think its so beautiful espically if you have a big event like a wedding or soemthing fabulous...sadly my life lacks anythingl ike that :0( xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of there wrap dresses look perfect for daytime, I will hopefully be ordering something to show they can work for day and evening :) xx

      Delete
  7. WOW, you look amazing in that dress! I love the colors, and the paneling really highlights your gorgeous shape. You should consider wearing more fitted things, they look fab on you, girl. :D Great review, I might have to take a peek at their website!

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, it feels lovely on, be careful the site has become my little addiction :) xx

      Delete
  8. Wowza, you look FANTASTIC! That colour is great on you! It's always great to try something different, I too tend to go for circle skirts, but this looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to see if it could work on my shape, and I actually kind of love it. x

      Delete