Monday 20 August 2012

Boux Avenue Review

Brodie Embroidered Full Support Balconette Bra and Thong set.

Recently I was approached by the lovely PR company who deal with Boux Avenue and asked if I would like to try a set from them for review, I said yes as Lingerie is something I love!

I firmly stand by my belief that good, well fitting underwear can make a huge difference to every woman confidence, I have a very large bust being somewhere around a 36/38H depending on style and I need well made supportive bras to keep these ladies in check.

My choice was the Brodie Balconette Bra and Thong in red, as it is nice to have some colour options in my collection to make teaming with outfits better.

It arrived packaged in a lovely pink and Black Boux Avenue box.

 Beautiful pink tissue paper!

 Pretty smelling petals which made me sneeze :) 

Now as you can see this bra provides a lot of coverage so it isn't great for plunging styles but It gives me a nice shape from the side and front so will be fantastic under higher neck tops and dresses, I went for the 38H and the cup is a tiny bit loose in places but i think as it fits smoothly in parts of the top of the cup, had I gone down a cup size I would have had the dreaded quad boob instead which just isnt a good look!

It is hard to tell from this photo but the cup from the strap to the middle is smooth and comfortable but there is loose material near the central gore. I am going to visit a store and try the GG cup to see if it makes a difference but I am not hopeful but under clothing this looks totally fine and cant be seen.

I wasn't sure about the material at first, as it feels a little scratchy under my fingers but on my skin when wearing the bra I didn't notice this at all and found it very comfortable.

The colour is just beautiful, and very vibrant, such a lovely change from the staple black, white and nudes I tend to go for.

The embroidery is very pretty!

One of the biggest pluses for me with this bra is the fully adjustable straps, I have very short shoulders so if a bra only has half adjustable straps the constantly fall down on me!

They also have a little bit of embroidery down the edges of the straps which is great for stopping them slipping and lengthening throughout the day when wearing.


All in all I can highly recommend this bra and found the online ordering process simple and easy to follow, the package arrived quickly, with no fuss.
It can be purchased in sizes 30-38 D-H.

The have bras starting from a 30A and up to a 40H with a handy shop by size option that stops you needing to trawl through all the styles to find if the stock your size. 

Thank you again to Sian for the opportunity to try this, I will certainly be ordering another bra to add to my collection. 

Take a look at the options available as there are some very beautiful options. x

Mhairi 
xxx

Disclaimer:- This set was given to me for review, I have not been paid to give a positive review and it is all my own opinions and words.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh what a sexy set! I love that vibrant red! And I love that we basically have the same bra size :D. (Depending on brands I'm 38-40 G-H :D lol)

    ReplyDelete