Wednesday 22 August 2012

Fatshion Faceoff - Denim Skirt

Denim Skirt

Another week, another fabulous Fatshion Faceoff post, if you are new to the blog, every week on wednesday myself and five other gorgeous ladies from around the globe pick an item of clothing which we all have and style it in our own individual ways.

This week it was the choice of hanna, who went with a denim skirt.

Now I haven't bought a denim skirt in years, but I had a very old maxi one, thrown into the back of the airing cupboard, which is getting a bit tight, but for this weeks purposes worked out pretty well, as it was fairly overcast and breezy today, I went for a light weigh shirt but one that has sleeves for a bit more coverage and It is a nice casual, relaxed look which is great for running errands and laid back days.

Please excuse the closed eyes, I was having one of those moments and every picture had closed eyes!
The skirt is a very old next one and the shirt was from the recent Simply Be sale.


I also wore my fabulous Funk & Finery cuff

I need to find myself a new denim skirt, it is really comfy, but want one that fits a little better. 

How do you wear a denim skirt, do you like a maxi or a mini?

Check out the posts from the other gorgeous ladies!

 Dani: DIY Fatshion http://www.diyfatshion.com
Hanna: The Wardrobe Challenge http://www.thewardrobechallenge.co.uk
                                       LuAnne: Weesha's World http://www.iamweesha.com
Mouna: Brussels Fatshion http://www.brusselsfatshion.com
Olivia: Wait Until The Sunset http://www.waituntilthesunset.com



Mhairi
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I prefer a mini but only have a maxi:) I like the one you're wearing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni, I need a shorter one for the summer days tbh, but cant find one I really like! x

      Delete
  2. Oohhhh its even a bit of a hippy skirt! I could totally see you in this at a music festival with flowers in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more a fan fan of the mini skirt but like the long ones too (even if they make me look shoerter)
    i love the energy your outfit is giving me: sweet, hippiestyle
    i love it!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tiny, but I love maxi skirts, I could live in them :)

      Delete
  4. Really like the casual boho sort of vibe you've got going on here...it really suits you! I've worn denim in every way imaginable over the years...I blame the fact I was a teenager when Bewitched were in fashion! I did used to favour a denim maxi, then morphed into a denim mid-length and then finally I've reached the dizzy heights of the denim miniskirt I'm rocking these days...although might bust out the midi skirt sometime soon. I love denim, basically!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute skirt babe! I agree with Olivia, could totally see you rocking this at a festival or on holiday! :) I think the color of your shirt is lovely on you too, it suits you. <3

    ReplyDelete