Tuesday 7 August 2012

Clothing at Tescos - Plus Size Panel

Whilst at plus north we had a fantastic talk by Kim from Tesco who told us that they have taken on a new buyer for the Plus size range, and asked us to contact them if we were interested in taking part in the plus size panel.

I have been lucky enough to be involved this time and have been sent a selection of images to show my readers of the A/W range which will be coming into stores and online from this week onwards and have been asked to get some feedback from you to let them know what the reaction to the new stock is.

This is my favourite overall look from the images sent over, it appeals to my relaxed, laid back nature.
Coat - £30
Top - £14
Jeans - £14

They have some gorgeous coloured denim in the range, and I like the above shrug as it is simple and fairly easy to integrate into my wardrobe.
Stud Jacket - £16
Jeans - £14

This tunic is a bit bland for me, but it is a nice looking item and will appeal to other women.
Tunic - £14
Jeans - £14

Again I am loving the coloured denim, and the beautiful colours in the top.
Jacket - £22
Top - £12
Jeans - £14
This top is more to my taste, but I wish it had a little more shape!
Tunic - £14
Jeans - £14
I want to love this dress but the image makes me hate it.
Ponte Lace Dress - £18

I hope not to offend Tesco with my thoughts on the images and clothing as I love Clothing at Tesco as a general rule and some of the items are really nice but they are still missing something for me, I am plus size and I love shape and nipped in waists as much now as I did at a much smaller size than I am now, I love a comfy T-shirt at times too, but not all the time.

The range is more fashion forward than it has been in the past, but I still want more I want what I saw from the straight range but in the plus sizes, I want the glitz and glam, heritage looks, please :) 

The Ponte Lace Dress for me, could be perfect but again the choice of model used is really putting me off, I don't deny she is utterly stunning and in the straight size range would be a welcome change, but on the last image the dress is easily 2/3 sizes too big for her, she is not the target size for  the True range which still makes no sense to me in an advertising campaign!

There are plenty of women from a size 16 to a 26 who work as models who would fill this dress in the way it should be worn and make it look amazing, even if they had pinned the dress to make it look its best would have helped.

I have tried to answer the questions below in my post but please take the time to read them and give me your thoughts in the comments section, Tesco do want our feedback and this is a rare thing, so lets do what we can to keep this kind of communication going and maybe we can see even more positive steps forward in the future.

 What do you think of the range in general, and which looks/items are your favourite.

Do you and your reader feel inspired by these pieces - would they encourage you to look at Clothing at Tesco online or in store?

Do you think this collection is more fashionable and trendy than previous Clothing at Tesco ranges or other Plus Size collections

Tescos have the True Range which comes in sizes 16-28 and also now Ann Harvey which stock a size 16-32 go take a look, and keep an eye out for the new items coming in.

Mhairi
xxx

9 comments:

  1. What do you think of the range in general, and which looks/items are your favourite:

    Overall I think it's a bit bland but I am loving the coloured jeans, stud jacket and the purple top. The dress has potential but, as you said, it hangs off the model so I can't really tell. Some of the other casual pieces are not my style but I can see that they may appeal to other people, I think the range isn't very 'fashion forward' though.

    Do you and your reader feel inspired by these pieces - would they encourage you to look at Clothing at Tesco online or in store?

    The 2nd and 4th look yes, the rest no. It's not really inspiring, mainly due to the choice of model/clothes size I think (not a criticism of the model, I just think either the sizing is wrong or they need a model with a different shape.

    Do you think this collection is more fashionable and trendy than previous Clothing at Tesco ranges or other Plus Size collections:

    I can't say I'm a regular visitor to Tesco to have noticed significantly but overall I don't see a vast improvement, and it's certainly not on par with some of the more prosperous plus size brands - at the moment I would compare it to an average catalogue, overall average with a few items of potential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, fabulous response, honest is great!

      Delete
  2. I really like the top in the second photo, a unique and beautiful look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the dress. And the fact that these are gorgeous outfits that are not ridiculously expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are nice plus size clothes. I would love to see a more colorful designs from you too. I've been looking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your favorite choice. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the purple leggings.

    ReplyDelete