Saturday 25 August 2012

Swimwear Challenge - Eveden Fantasie Valetta Tankini and Briefs

For our final challenge the amazing team at Eveden offered us the chance to select swimwear from their ranges, if you are unfamiliar with the name Eveden, they encompass Freya, Fantasie, Fauve, Elomie, Huit and Goddess.

Now with our ample assets we are out of luck in the Huit and Fauve ranges but I can shop in the Freya, Fantasie, Goddess and Elomi Ranges with ease and I love all three, but as Elomi is well known in plus sizes and freya is a popular brand I decided to give something from the Fantasie side a whirl and I wasn't disappointed!

A Fantasie bra was the very first bra I was fitted correctly in about 9 years ago, I have always made sure I am in a correctly fitting bra as it means less back ache, better shape!

With bikinis and swimsuits I prefer one with an inbuilt bra as it helps keep my rather large assets under control, and it just gives me more comfort and support in general.

So onto the review the set I went for was the Valetta - Persian Blue Tankini £59 and the Fold down Briefs - £26.50


The colours are amazing, so vivid and cheerful! 

The cups fit well, but think I could have gotten away with a cup size down in this 38H as it is fairly generous!

Bra hook and eye fastening, which I find so much more secure than plastic bikini clasps!

 Fully adjustable straps, which are a must for my tiny short shoulders!

Fold down brief detail!

My thoughts

Appearance - The pattern of this tankini is bold and vibrant not really for some but for me I really loved it and I am not normally a flowery sort of girl (just realised I am typing this in a floral dress!) but it is so pretty and sunny it can't help but give it a good score here. 4/5

Fit - The overall fit is excellent, although I could go down a cup size it isn't obvious and it is not gaping all over, its just a feeling I have but the briefs and the body of the tankini have excellent space and I can fault them on that! 4/5

Comfort - superbly comfortable, for someone who isn't at the 100% body confidence stage I feel I would be happy to wear this at the beach or swimming pool. 5/5

Performance - I haven't been swimming in this one yet due to major crazy decoration sprees but it has been for a test in the shower and had the full giggle and bounce tests, and I have to say it held up beautifully! 5/5

Value - With the tankini coming in at £59 and the bottoms £26.50 this is at the top end of the majority of people budgets but in comparison to the other suits I have tried during this challenge, the material thickness and the bra shape and support have been outstanding in this suit so I feel you are getting what you pay for, though the high, high cost is going to mean a lower score in this.  2.5/5

Coverage -  The coverage was excellent, the cups encompassed my breasts with no spillage and the tankini was a good length on me. 5/5

This has been my favourite from the whole challenge with the Evans swimsuit coming in second and the Panache from Tesco last, I am hoping to visit a lovely spa with my best friend soon so will be taking this little beauty with me for the day!

We hope this series has helped some of you ladies to find something suitable for your holidays and swim sessions.

If you want to look back at the other swimwear challenges you can click the links below

Also go check out the other fabulous ladies in there swimwear Becky - Gina - Sara

Thank you Becky for inviting me to take part in this, it has been fabulous and challenging! 

Mhairi
xxx

Out of curiosity, do my Lingerie and Swimwear type post appeal to you, I am hoping to add a couple of new fantasie sets to my collection in september/october and if they are of interest I will happily post about them here for you.
the two I am looking at are 

Susanna - this antique gold set makes me so happy, its just so pretty, I have been obsessing about it since the press day.

Nicola - this lovely seal set is just so pretty!

So would you like to see them reviewed if I ever get my hands on them, finances permitting!




3 comments:

  1. The colours look amazing on you, and you're so right.. hook fastening is so much more secure than the plastic thingies!
    Oh and the two Fantasie-sets that you want.. THEY'RE GORGEOUS! Hope you'll be able to get them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am prying me and Marc are back into work by then, I need so many things, lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, you look gorgeous!! I didn't know that anyone made suits with actual bras built in, that's so awesome! Usually I just wear a cheapie strapless under my suit to keep the "girls" up and secure, but I will definitely have to check out Fantasie next summer. :D Thanks for doing this review, Mhairi! Oooh, and please do post about the lingerie, I've been thinking about investing in some if the right one comes along. :)

    ReplyDelete