Wednesday 29 August 2012

Fatshion Faceoff - Patterned Skirt (No Stripes)

Patterned Skirt (No Stripes)

This weeks Fatshion Faceoff is a patterned skirt, now I have already shown my two patterned skirts in previous posts and I have been struggling to come up with a suitable alternative, my fabulous other half Marc suddenly remembered I had managed to pick up one of Goks skirts from Sainsburys in the sale recently for a bargainous £9 and it had been sat in a bag gathering dust as it was a little too small.

I decided to brave it and try it on again as I fluctuate so much and woohoo it fits at the moment, I decided to try to make it a bit more feminine and pretty with a sheer shirt, but think I might prefer to try it with a black top to see how it looks, I went for my fabulous Evans shoes which I will be reviewing later this week for you as the blue matched the blue area of the skirt so well.

A random one Marc took while I was getting into position, but it shows the colours of the skirt beautifully!

There is just something about a skirt with pockets that I just can't get enough of!

The skirt has some pale pint and cream areas so I think the shirt works ok with it but think I need to find a black or coloured top to go with it.

Excuse the DVD shelf behind, I had to put my table away so it was the next best place to get the photo 
These Evans shoes are an amazing colour and very comfortable but a full review will be on its way.

The heel hight is also pretty fab, and they aren't too thin so I do not feel like I am tottering in them, always a bonus.

I love a good patterned skirt, it allows me to feel bright and fun without overpowering the whole outfit.

Go and check out the other gorgeous ladies in there outfit posts as I bet they look fabulous!!

Dani: DIY Fatshion http://www.diyfatshion.com
Hanna: The Wardrobe Challenge http://www.thewardrobechallenge.co.uk
Mouna: Brussels Fatshion http://www.brusselsfatshion.com
Olivia: Wait Until The Sunset http://www.waituntilthesunset.com

Mhairi
xxx




9 comments:

  1. YAY I have this skirt too! (And this reminds me that I haven't worn it in ages..) It looks fabulous on you lady, and those shoes are GORGEOUS. Evans are really stepping up on the shoe-game :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tis so pretty, I loved it so much when it came out and missed out, I squealed when i spotted it in the sale, I want the pretty pale pink one from ss but think i missed that too :)

      Delete
  2. The colour of the shoes is beautiful. I also thought wearing a sheer one but finally opted for a black top lol . Great minds think alike lol
    This dress is a real eyecatcher!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with these shoes :) and the skirt make me happy, we are obviously on the same wave length! xx

      Delete
  3. Man you guys get such bargains!!!! Very pretty skirt! I like it with the white sheer, gives it a bit more softness than the black would I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew glad it works, need to get more use out of this skirt :)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! I really like the print on the skirt and those blue shoes are absofrigginlutely to die for. Off to find 'em on Evans :)

    ReplyDelete