Monday 1 April 2013

Claire Richards - Fashion World Ambasador

A few weeks back I received an announcement about Claire Richards becoming Fashion Worlds new Ambassador.

Claire Richards known for her time in the band steps has had quite a battle with her body over the years but seems to be finally settling into herself and I find her refreshing, she isn't shouting how she loves herself or how she hates herself, she just seems to be very honest and normal like most of us who battle to be ourselves and love what we have.

Personally I think Claire is stunning and an absolute hottie now, so there!!!

At the moment, Claire has only selected the clothing she loves the most from the selection at Fashion world but has fabulous things planned with the JD Williams Brand.

The lovely Fi gave me the opportunity to put some questions to Claire for this post here is what I wanted to know


1. What are the future plans for Claire and Fashion world? (own line etc)
I have designed a range for autumn/winter 13 which I'm really excited about people seeing. I've tried really hard to make all the pieces wearable for a plus size but also fashionable and really flattering.
2. Claire looks beautiful and confident as she is now, does she feel happy with herself?
I am in a really good place right now and finally feel that whatever size I am I feel comfortable and happy with myself at last.
3. Does Claire have any music plans for the future?
I would absolutely love to do a solo album, it's something that I've wanted to do for 20 years and I feel that now could be a good time.
4. How passionate is Claire about Fashion?
I am pretty passionate about fashion and I'm very passionate about making fashion accessible to plus size women, if you are bigger it doesn't mean you don't want to look great in the latest fashion but for some reason the high  street makes it impossible for you to bable to do that. With Fashion World I'm hoping that I can change the way people think about a plus size.

I am really looking forward to seeing Claires new collection for Autumn/ Winter but for now I have been given the opportunity to try out a few bits from her selection at Fashion World I decided rather than individual items I would try and create an outfit for the Spring/ Summer seasons ahead.


I love this for the season ahead, I feel comfortable and relaxed, the colour is so pretty and very different from my usual choices!
I do need to find my purple glasses which will clash a little less with the coral pink :) 

Do you like the selections and are you looking forward to seeing what the clothing range is like? 

Mhairi
xxx



1 comment: