Tuesday 9 April 2013

Wedding guest inspiration

The wedding season is here and I have been seeing lots of retailers advertising their wedding guest picks, so thought I would share some of my favourites with you.

As I have a fairly broad readership and I am a bit of an inbetweeny  myself I have included a broad range of size options but the sizes available are below the pictures to avoid frustrations.

Phase Eight

Phase Eight carry up to a size 20 and their jersey dresses I especially get on well with as my bust is a bit bigger than a 20 in materials with no give.
They have the most stunning selection of dresses!

They actually have a Wedding boutique section on the site HERE


This is by far my favourite, it is just do beautiful in the details, the mandarin collar and the buttons, and the beautiful muted colours are perfect for a spring wedding.


Size 8-20

Next on my list is this stunning Navy and floral dressI love the dark background and the pretty colours of the flowers.
Size 8-20

My next choice is this sexy little number which would be perfect for an evening guest.

Size 8-20

My Last dress selection from Phase Eight is a Maxi, I love their jersey maxi most fit fairly well on someone up to a size 22
Peony Print Maxi Dress £120
Size 8-20

Accessories are fabulous from Phase 8



Another place I love to shop for a wedding outfit is Debenhams, they have a very good size range.
Debenhams also have an amazing range of accessories and shoes, its perfect for a one stop shop without all the faffing!

The first dress that has caught my eye is this beautiful broderie prom dress.
Size 8-24

Next is this pretty spot print dress with a pleated skirt, so simple and pretty!

Size 10-24

I love the next dress, it is bang on the Monochrome trend and just a little different, could be easily brightened up with match accessories in a strong colour.
Size 12-24

Simply Be

Simply be are a godsend for me and many plus size women, the size ranges are fantastic.

My first choice is this gorgeous floral number which is so pretty for a springtime wedding.
Size 12-32

Next is something for an evening guest, it is a dark base but the sparkle makes it suitable for the evening.
Size 14-32

This next dress is from Joanna Hope and is available in standard and petite length which is perfect for short arses like me!
Size 12-32

I love the vibrant colour of the this last dress.
Rise Grace Bead Neck Dress £60
Size 14-32

DO you have any weddings this sumer?

Mhairi












1 comment:

  1. Love this post, it's been really helpful in deciding what to sew for an upcoming wedding :)

    ReplyDelete