Wednesday 11 April 2012

Fatshion Faceoff - Maxi Dress

This week it was my turn to choose the item, and I went for a maxi dress, my reason for this is I love them, but never know how to style them, and I am hoping the other fabulous ladies can show me how to look awesome in them!

I know as a very short person that I shouldn't wear them, but hey, rules are made to be broken right?

The dress I am wearing is from M&Co a couple of years ago now, but I loved the animal print and the bold colours of it, but I have only ever worn it twice as I am so unsure what to wear it with.

I tried to show how I have worn it during the day before and how I have worn it out for a party.



This picture was just for you guys :)

I decided to team my zebra print bracelet from Funk and Finery with it to keep the animal print.
The shoes are from Tescos last year and the cardi is TKMaxx

I don't feel like this is the most exciting outfit in the world but I do love maxi dresses, I think I just need to find my confidence with them, I plan on finding the perfect pair of sandals to team them with in the sunshine. 

Do you have your perfect maxi dress, what does it look like? feel free to post it to me on twitter, any help is appreciated.

Don't forget to head over and check out all the other lovely ladies in there fabulous maxi creations.



16 comments:

  1. I love a good maxi dress, and love the skirt of this one. I think rules are made to be broken- you were wise to ignore the maxi rule because it looks good on you! I usually team mine with a pair of gladiator sandals, a cropped cardigan to cover up my arms and a colourful bracelet or necklace. I posted one on my blog a week or so ago, and sure i will be wearing them a lot when the weather gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cropped cardis are something I desperately need, I alway used to get longer ones to hide myself, haven't really updated them yet, I will be. X x

      Delete
  2. really nice maxi dress no wonder you wanted to wear it, its beautfiul. I love the look with the jeans jacket!
    Thanks for this challenge ;-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love love love that dress!! It's such a shame it's a few years old! Love how you paired it with a denim jacket <3

    I hope you don't mind but I've just tagged you in the Versatile Blogger Awards! I'd love you to check it out xox

    http://foreverfabulousinbows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then I find something fab from mandco, this dress was one of them :) I will check out the the award :) x x

      Delete
  4. I love how colorful the dress is! I think you did a great job styling it. I really like the look with the denim jacket; I think it would also look great with a cropped denim vest or cardigan for warmer weather. ;D

    http://molly-pocket.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly, I love it with the denim jacket too, on the look out for a shorter cardi to wear with it, I rarely go out with bare arms in the summer, mainly because I burn so badly in the sun. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh lovely! The two tone looks gorgeous babe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so adorable! I love that 3rd picture of you! :) I love maxi dresses but I have to hem them a lot so I won't be tripping on them!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so silly in front of the camera that I usually end up pulling silly faces to calm myself down, this is one of those moments :) xx

      Delete
  7. That is an amazing dress! Gorgeous vibrant colors, and I love the animal print. ;) You shouldn't be afraid to wear a maxi dress, you look great in this! And pairing it with a denim jacket was a really good idea that I will HAVE to try myself. :)

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to finally grab a denim jacket, It was my super bargain from ebay. xx

      Delete
  8. SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe I haven't commented before :O! I love the look with a denim jacket to bits!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you had commented on this, but thank you, I have fallen in love with this dress again :) x

      Delete