Wednesday 25 April 2012

Plus Size Swimwear Challenge - Tesco

Plus Size Swimwear Challenge

Well hello again and welcome to our Plus Size Swimwear Challenge, myself and 3 other bloggers are challenging ourselves to try out some plus size swimwear, and be brave enough to blog about it. 
For me this is a huge thing as I can tell you that it is at least 5 years since I even went swimming, so swimwear has not been a priority for me, but I need to get fitter and swimming is an excellent way for me to do this.

Swimwear for me is doubly challenging, firstly I am plus size, obviously,  but I also have a very large bust at a 36/38H I struggle to get decent fitting bra's let alone swimsuits, I need support and plenty of it!!

The first swimwear I have been sent to try is from the lovely people at Tesco's, I choose the Panache Natalia Fuller Tankini top and bottoms in a 38G which is the largest size they do.

We are all following the same 5 step review to give a consistent report across all the swimwear.

So here goes.

Appearance 

The swimsuit is beautiful in person with vibrant colours and nice thick material.
I love the fold down panel on the bottoms as it made me feel more secure and helped hide my pre menstrual (sorry for the TMI) bloated tummy, this I like, I loved the purple trim on the top but not the bow on the bust so much as because it is round lace like ribbon it just doesn't look nice tied and wont sit right at all. 



It has nice little metal panache tags on the top and bottoms which thank goodness aren't in awkward positions and are just kind of cute! yes I like strange things :) 

Fit

This is where this Tankini fell down for me, the bottoms fitted beautifully, but the top was a strange one!

It has a full insert bra with 2 hook and eye fastenings with 3 rows which I love! I hate fiddling with bikini fastenings and they always snap on me! 
The problem I had is that the Bra fits my bust really well, but the swimsuit itself does not have enough material to encompass my ladies so it pulls down and shows the wires, not I think I am slightly bigger than the cup size of this tankini but I found it odd that the bra section fits so well but the suit is low on material!
I am not sure if Panache themselves make this in a bigger size but it would be interesting to try in some bigger sizes to see if it corrects itself with a bigger cup.

Comfort

The Tankini is very comfortable and if you have a smaller bust than me, I would highly recommend it, the bottoms give a nice silhouette and the material is lovely, I unfortunately can't vouch for it in the swimming pool as I am one too ill to manage walking there and two my ladies would most likely fall right out of the costume as it is. I am thinking of trying a stitch or two to bring the material to the wires so its a bit more secure but wanted to show it as is for the purposes of the review.

Coverage

The coverage for me is excellent, apart from the obvious boobage issue, but the top is nice and long easily reaching just past the top of the bottoms, and the bottoms themselves are tight but not bulgy and cover my amply bottom nicely. the back comes up high enough for there to be no lumps and bumps on show.

Performance

Well I cant give you a review on swimming performance but i performed jiggle tests and laying down tests, and it looks good, my boobs stayed in and it was comfy to lay down in so for a summer sunshine holiday I would be happy to take this with me either with the little stitch in or with the larger cup. 
Excuse the shorts but I am not well enough to worry about bikini waxes at the moment :)

Value

Well the Tankini isn't the cheapest item that Tesco's sell but if like me you have a big bust it might be a good option to look at, the price of £52.50 might be a it high for some, and possibly would be for me if it is only getting used for a one off holiday, but if I can wear it happily at the swimming pool too, then I will pay this happily if it gives me the confidence to go! 
Value is subjective, if you can afford it, go for it if not I would try something from Tescos other ranges. 

Overall I do love this Tankini, and if I can make it work, I would be a very happy girl!


Make sure you check out the other fabulous ladies taking part in the swimwear challenge.

Gina - Fat Fit Fine
Sara - Confusedbrit

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Great review (and rack of course)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :) the rack was a little prominent. X

      Delete
  2. You look fantastic. I love the look of these with the shorts.

    You and I have similar boobage, although I am a 40 band - so this probably wouldn't fit me. BOO(b)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back measures 38 inches and this fits beautifully if your tight measurement is between the 38 and 40 you might be able to wear this in a bigger cup than your usual :) I always like a comfy pair of shorts to trek about in on holiday ii like to be active :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh this is a pretty set and it looks fantastic on you. Great review - so useful :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review and I just love this challenge!
    This swimwear is totally cute on you! ^^d
    Perhaps this will inspire me to do a swimsuit post this summer ^^d
    Thankies for sharing! ^^/ MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should totally do a swimwear post this summer :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I really like the fact it has a proper "bra" in it! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really pleased me, it makes it feel so much more secure! xxx thank you. xx

      Delete
  6. I'm not wild about the print but I think it looks nice on you. I love the fact that it has a bra inside! My giant boobs definitely approve. :)

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours but not the pe print so much, my usual would be a much more retro print :) xxx
      the bra is brilliant! xx

      Delete
  7. Such a shame the bra bit shows because in theory its a great idea!! Love you for doing this, thanks lady!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brilliant, I felt secure, but didnt like it showing the wires :( Love you to Mrs :) xxx

      Delete