Wednesday 18 April 2012

Fatshion Faceoff

Fatshion Faceoff is a fabulous weekly blogging extravaganza, where myself and 5 other fantabulous bloggers take an item of clothing that we all have in our wardrobes and style them in our way.


I have been having so much fun doing these posts, but I found this week particularly hard!


SO what is this week....


HiLo Hem Skirt/dress


I have a skirt it is a very basic black skirt from Primark, it only coast me about £8 and it is great for the summer with some sandals and and a fab oversize T-shirt tucked in, makes me feel about 15 again.


The hard part of the challenge was that it really isn't summer at all at the moment, and to top it off it was chucking it down and practically dark all day so sandals were not going to happen!


This is what I came up with, it needs work :)


The weather was so bad, it was really hard to get a good photo that showed the length of the skirt, it is about knee length at the front and mid calf at the back.


The back and please excuse my crazy frizzy hair, it is the rain!

This top was from Next last season, and OMG I love the print!

And a fabulous Funk and Finery Wrap Bracelet.

Skirt - Primark £8
Boots - Asos Past Season
Leggings - Old John Rocha @ Debenhams
Bracelet - Funk and Finery
Go take a look at the 5 other fabulous ladies, they all have the most amazing styles!


See you again soon! 

Mhairi

xxx





27 comments:

  1. oooh the owls are so cute Loooove the top! Cute outfit xxxx
    Like the boots too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in this outfit! And i love the owls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blouse is adorable and looks very nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooh, I don't think this outfit needs work at all! It's totally adorable! I really want to steal your shirt, well, actually your whole outfit.. :D LOL

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! That top! It's so adorable! I don't blame you for loving the print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about the outfit needs work? In my eyes it looks amazing!! My sister has that shirt, and ladies, I can vouch that the print is even more amazing in the flesh (my sister has a much better wardrobe than me, it makes me highly jealous!)

    But loving the owls, and loving that its not the obvious take on what most would put a hi-lo hem with - I think my instinct would be to grunge it up a bit, so going all lady-like never crossed my mind.

    You look fab!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its because I normally would grunge it up a bit, especially if the weather was good, but I decided to go ladylike but sometimes its hard to decide when its you wearing it :) but I have loved all the positive feedback you have all given me :) xx

      Delete
  7. such a luvly outfit! omgosh i squeeled when i realised
    the print on the top was owls. sooo cute!!! *^^* <3
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the print, it isnt totally obvious until your up close but it love that its is different and fun :)

      Delete
  8. nice work styling the skirt! I also really love the cute print on that top! It's darling :)

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I need to wear this top more often :) x

      Delete
  9. The Next blouse is beautiful. Love your look. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to mention that please check my blog
    for your award ^^v (completely voluntary of course ^^d) MMxoxo

    http://gorgeouswithcurves.blogspot.jp/2012/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spotted it yesterday, I have another one that is very similar from someone else so I will combine them and post tomorrow :) xx

      Delete
  11. ooohhh pretty! It dosen't need any work- you look great! I love the print on the top! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Thank you, I love positive feedback from you fabulously fashionable ladies :) xx

      Delete
  12. What extra work are you talking about lady? The outfit looks amazing, and that top is the most adorable thing I've seen in ages!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how sometimes you put an outfit together and just dont feel it, I was like this to begin with, but now I am looking back I am loving it more and more, and all your fabulous feedback has been amazing :) xx

      Delete
  13. Lovely outfit! I love the owl print top. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely, it is def one of my favourites :) xx

      Delete
  14. you look so cute!! xoxo linds of www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete