Wednesday 4 April 2012

Fatshion Faceoff - Plain Coloured Dress!

Plain Coloured Dress!


This week we were challenged to style a plain one colour dress, anything except Black.


My choices are limited as I tend to wear a lot of patterned dresses, but I have 2 options they are the same dress but in two colours, I have it in Pink and green, but today decided to try and style the Pink dress and do something a little different, I normally go for a thick black belt under the bust with this dress and simple black shoes.


Today I decided to experiment a bit, and went for some colour mixing, not sure it really worked but I had fun and felt all sunny on a gloomy windy day!



So annoyed at myself for slouching in this picture and my bra straps need tightening!



My vintage gems Pocket watch


Me!

Dress - Dorothy Perkins (past season)
Pocket Watch - Vintage gems
Belt - Asda
Shoes - Next (past season)

Even though I am not sure this worked I enjoyed wearing it :) 

Go see what the other girls are wearing in their interpretations of this weeks Fatshion Challenge. 





18 comments:

  1. It definitely does work if you ask me! The belt clashes beautifully with the colour of the dress, and the nude pumps are perfect. Oh, and the watch is the cutest ever!

    Absolutely lovely :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the shoes are yellow but quite pale, I just fancied trying the bright belt out :) x

      Delete
  2. I think the colour of the belt goes perfectly with the dress! I also love the pocket watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the pocket watch is divine, I have a thing about pocket watches :) x

      Delete
  3. Hey girl,
    seems we both have been mixing with colours. I think its a good match it works well, i m curious to see the same outfit with green flats must be awesome too. Really nice i vote YES :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your look, the jacket is amazing! i need some more shoes! xx

      Delete
  4. awww gorgeous! It looks fantastic with the belt! I'm so happy you used the extra colour than just black- it looks beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wanted to see if the colours could work, and apparently they do so WIN :) x

      Delete
  5. this is lovely on you and how cute is that pocket watch? xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, it is fabulous, had to have it as soon as I saw it :) x i follow her on twitter she up cycles lots of things love it! x

      Delete
  6. This is such a fab outfit....loving the colour combo, and that pocket watch is adorable...looking lovely as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely, I am kind of liking the combo now, and will try it again :) x

      Delete
  7. Ohh, I love the dress! I bought a dress from ASOS in a similar 'skater' style, and I could just live in it, ha!

    http://molly-pocket.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really comfy, but quite think not much good for the summer but, that just means I have to find something new to wear :) x

      Delete
  8. This looks great, I think brights contrast well with black and other brights, I think green shoes would look great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the look out for a perfect pair of green flats :) x

      Delete
  9. Girl, I think this look TOTALLY works! I love how you combined the different colors, and it looks so happy. Such a great winter-spring transitional outfit, too. And the bright pink looks gorgeous on you! Good job, lovely lady! :)

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad it has worked better than I expected :) xxxx

      Delete