Saturday 14 April 2012

Coat Review - Ann Harvey Cape

When Ann Harvey asked me which coats I wanted to review, I knew I wanted to try the beautiful double breasted cape that had been featured in Grazia.


The coats arrived and after finding the Red Funnel Neck coat such a good fit, I was so excited to get the cape on, but disaster struck, I am tiny only 5'1" and although I might be fat, I have narrow shoulders and a short waist, the cape swamped me, it was down to my knees and I couldn't even get my arms out of the sleeves, they even sent me another one in there smallest size but I still had the same problems.


Thinking I would have to send it back, I had a brainstorm (yes it hurt), I didn't want to miss out this coat in the review as even though it was wrong on me, it is a stunning coat, the material is beautiful, the quality excellent, and just because I am short doesn't mean all my readers are, so I spoke to Ann Harvey and the said I could pass the coat to my friend for her to wear and review for me.


I had the perfect friend in mind, she is tall plus, and gorgeous, and I knew she could rock the hell out of a cape, this fabulous friend is Helen!


To give you a little background on Helen she is crazy busy all the time, she is mum to Rowan who is 5 Wife to Daniel and she works as a Special needs Teaching assistant, she also used to be a girls brigade leader and beavers I believe and still is as far as I know, so as you can imagine her week is incredibly hectic. 


We had planned to set out the format of the review in the same way as the other two coats but between Helens crazy life, and loosing all her pics on her USB stick and my crazy life of step son breaking his arm and recovery we haven't been able to get together for such a long time, so I am going to give you it all in one go here and now. 



I loved the idea of sweeping about town looking all sophisticated in my beautiful cape but alas it was not to be!

The quality of the Cape was the same as the Red coat, the seams strong and a really well put together item, the buttons are nice and fit into the button holes easily without being stiff.

Helen sent me some photos of herself in the coat, I wish I had remembered to take a photo of me in the cape for comparison, but never mind, helen looks super pretty in it instead. 




My only worry with this coat is that it is such a light colour and I am hopeless with light colours.

We have also just found out the wonderful news the Helen and Daniel are expecting there second baby, so a huge congratulations to them both.  xxx

Helen sent me over a little note to go with the review

The coat is comfy, warm and I think it's stylish, although for me the

colour is a little impractical. At the moment it is great as it is one 

of the few coats I can wear with my expanding waste line!

So all in all a great review again for Ann Harvey, I would recommend a look in the stores if you have one or online, they also have concessions in both Debenhams and some Evans stores, there are a few items on my lists to buy at the moment.
Mhairi and Helen

xxx

4 comments:

  1. It's very nice of you to call me gorgeous, it not one of the ways I'd describe me! Can I also add to the review though that the coats material is incredibly soft and a lovely feel to it, unlike some coats that can be a bit scratchy!

    I love the red coat you reviewed and it looks great on you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would always describe you as Gorgeous my lovely. xxx and thank you, I love the red coat :) xxx

      Delete
  2. oooh I love a good cape! I love the color, actually, and think it's a great neutral that can go with anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to find one that works on me, but they seem to all swamp me :(

      Delete