Saturday 5 May 2012

Freya Active - Sports Bra Review

Now  this is NOT a weight loss post, this a health post, as far as I am concerned plenty of Fat girls love to go to the gym or walk/Run, and I firmly believe a good sports bra is important to us all.

For me it is important as I have a large bust and find exercise painful if I am not correctly supported, so I have begun a quest to find my perfect sports bra.

The wonderful Katie from the Eveden group who produce the Freya, Elomi, Huit, Fauve, Fantasie and Goddess ranges offered to send me a Freya Active sports Bra to try.

Now this post has been delayed quite a while so thank you so much to Katie for being patient and allowing me time to let my back heal before I got stuck into my health kick.

Ok the one I choose to try was the Freya Active Red Underwired Sports Bra, and the Active Shorts, now a little advice, at the time I ordered I went for the 38GG but think I could really do with the 38H for a perfect fit, so if you have the opportunity, make sure you visit a decent fitter and try them on to get the perfect size for you.

The colour of the bra is beautiful, which isn't important to us all but for me I love a good colour, so this was a bonus for me.

It is a very rich red/pink colour and the black piping is a nice contrast.

It closes with a good 4 hook and eyes which is brilliant for supporting my ladies.

Little bit of detail, not the most exciting but still.

The material is nice and non scratchy which is important to me as my skin is sensitive and gets irritated quickly and while I could have done with the 38 H for better side coverage it is actually not too bad a fit, but as I find with all my freya bras, I cant get the central gore to fit flush against my chest.

I also found that it gave me a very madonna in the 80's pointed shape, which for exercising isn't a huge deal but if you really hate that shape, this wont be the bra for you.

I tried to give the bra a good testing and ran about and jumped up and down, there was some movement but it wasn't jarring or painful like I experience in a normal bra.

Over the next few weeks I will put this through its paces and give you an update on how it copes, and hopefully I might get to try some other brands out as I want the best possible bra to stop the pain and suffering :) 

Have you found a sports bra that works for you, if not I would say definitely give freya active a try but go and get fitted into it so you have the best possible support and fit. 

The Bra can be purchased from around the £30 mark and if you look here you can find a stockist near you, also if you need larger than a 40" back give elomi a try they go to a 46"back. 

Mhairi
xxx




4 comments:

  1. Thankies for the review!
    Dun like pointy boobs for meself but a good sports bra is a must ne. ^^d
    Have a great day luv! ^^/
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no it isn't my favourite look either, but it does its job :)

      Delete
  2. I also have the lovely pointy boobs going on with this one but I really like the support. ;) I'm really glad to see a review in this from a plus-sized blogger to see how it holds up over the full range. Just curious, have you tried any of the other sports bras from a comparison? I think Elomi has one, for instance?

    Oh, and I love the red! I have boring black but next time around I'm going for some color. :D Although, I think I'm going to try and hold off until they come out with the top+built in sports bra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't yet, but hoping to get the chance to try some as I really want to get the right support this is great for low impact, but not sure how it will cope with running. x

      Delete