Thursday 10 May 2012

Plus size Swimwear Challenge: Evans

Well it is time for another swimwear challenge and this time I have two fabulous choices for you to look at.


The lovely people at Evans offered to take part in our challenge and were kind enough to send us each two swimsuits to review. I was sent the Black Tummy Control Wrap Swimsuit and the Blue Palm Print Swimsuit.


I will review each in turn starting with:-


Black Tummy Control Wrap Swimsuit £32.00




This suit was sent to me in a size 20 but unfortunately only in a DD/E cup and I am definitely more of a F/G cup kind of girl, but it didn't do too badly, so here I go, this is me in the swimsuit!

I paired it with some red shoes as I can just see this as a chic option at the beach bar with a gorgeous sarong and some statement wedges! (Couldn't find mine)

Appearance - Well I actually like how this looked as soon as I saw it I had high hopes of the gathering effect working well to hide some sins, and to be honest it worked pretty well for me, I like the gathered panes that cross over it made me feel quite chic and movie star like.
4/5


Fit - The fit of the body was fantastic, but as I said earlier, it is the bust I struggled with a little I really need this in a F/G cup but the gathering across the bust helped hide the fact it was a little small in that area, I would love to try it in the right size as I think this would be a brilliant option for me to wear for swimming at home and on holiday.
3/5


Comfort - Honestly if it wasnt for the slightly two small bust this would have a 5 for comfort, I honestly could wear this easily from beach to bar and at home swimming with my stepson. but the bust lets it down a little.
4/5


Coverage - The coverage is excellent with only a little bit too much boob on show, but like I said the gathered areas help keep it in.
4/5


Performance - I gave this suit a real work out, lots of jumping about and stretching to make sure it wasn't going to embarrass me at the worst possible moment, and it didn't do badly at all, and it did brilliantly in the water too, no riding up in awkward places and it looked good after washing.
4/5


Value - The swimsuit comes in at £32 and to me this is pretty reasonable as I usually need to buy expensive brands with cup sizes to make sure the ladies don't try to swim away, and I am glad this works for me, but it is still not what I call a budget swimsuit.
4/5


This is a really good option for me if the larger cup size works, I can recommend it, MrsBeBe reviewed this in teal and had a totally different experience so check her out for another point of view and a different body shape.


Swimsuit two the Blue Palm Print Swimsuit £29.50




This was also sent to me in a 20DD/E cup and as you will see is a totally different story to the first option.

This is not a great look for me!

Appearance - The swimsuit is a beautiful vibrant purple and blue print and I do like it, but I am not so keen on the shape of the swimsuit itself.
3/5

Fit - The fit of this is completely off for me, the bust is far too small I had boob hanging out all over the place and it accentuated all the places I don't particularly want accentuated, and it is much smaller on the body than the black one.
1/5

Comfort - I found this very uncomfortable not just in fit, but in a confidence way too, It just did not make me feel good, which is a shame as it is a pretty print!
1/5

Coverage - It would be great in the body but the bust lets it down a lot!
2/5

Performance - Well as you can see from the amount of bust on show the performance of this suit really wasn't very good, if I attempted to swim in this my boobs would be off exploring in a matter of seconds, it didn't pass the jiggle test thats for sure!
1/5

Value - At £29.50 again it is in the mid ranges and I think that it is pretty reasonable.
4/5

Overall I am pretty sad that this suit didn't work for me, and I think that if you have a smaller bust than me you will get on well with it, as I don't think this would even work for me in a F/G cup as the coverage is just too little for my ladies! It does mean it just isn't for me.

So there you go two swimsuits reviewed for you to hopefully help you in your mission for the perfect swimsuit this summer.

Go take a peek at the other lovely ladies and see how the got on with their swimsuits.

Gina - Fat Fit Fine
Sara - Confusedbrit 

Mhairi
xxx







14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this review!
    Was thinking about ordering some swimwear from Evans..just worried about the size and fit a lot. This helped me lots already. ^^d
    The black one looks gorgeous on you anyways! ^^d MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad this post helped, all the other girls are sporting evans suits too, so make sure you take a peek at them too. xx

      Delete
  2. i love the black one it looks lovely on. the other one doesn't give much coverage does it?! i have a few swim dresses from evans and find those really comfy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the black definitely had the most coverage, but the other one was a bit of a fail for me! Never tried a swimdress, should really :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm really glad that the tummy control wrap swimsuit worked on someone - my experience is somewhat akin to Becky's! But you do look fab in it, especially with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT goes to show you need to try things out, sometimes what works for one, is completely wrong for another. The shoes just helped me feel more like a movie star :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm LOVING that you're doing these reviews! Not only are they super helpful, but it's great to see you rocking your awesome curves. <3 I think you look great in both, but it's too bad the blue one didn't fit the way you wanted. Although the black one brings to mind a vintage Hollywood bombshell/vixen! :)

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue one was just dangerous, I would flash the pool in seconds, but the black definitely made me feel glamorous, big hat and sunnies I would be set :) xx

      Delete
  5. I totally LOVE the black one on you! I have the same problem with swimsuits. I pretty much need one with more coverage on top or else I just look like I'm a streaker!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I practically was streaking in the blue suit :)

      Delete
  6. Those red shoes! Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Debenhams a while ago, but I love debenhams for shoes, these were only £25 full price :)

      Delete
  7. Plus Size clothing designers/manufacturers NEVER make the bust big enough. In anything. I can't even count the number of button-up tops I have with safety pins holding the bust together on the inside.

    ReplyDelete