Wednesday 11 July 2012

Fatshion Faceoff - Scarf as Belt

Scarf and Belt

Fatshion faceoff is here again and this week is wearing a scarf as a belt, now I don't have many scarfs so had to make use of what I had, I feel I could make this work much better with a square scarf as I currently have only a very large rectangular scarf.

I think I will go to my local charity shops and look for some new scarfs to experiment with, and hopefully I can bring you some future outfits with scarfs as a belt that are a bit more interesting than this one. 



Dress - Newlook last season
Shoes - Newlook
Scarf - butterfly farm

I really need to look up some interesting ways of knotting the scarf for more interest.
and I want to try twisting the scarf to make it look a bit different but overall I like the contrast and it could be good to have some interesting patterns and colours.


Go take a look at the other beautiful ladies and there fabulous efforts.



Mhairi
xxx


14 comments:

  1. I have so many scarves, but never use them as belts! I like how you've used contrasting shades of blue here!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't something I had thought of, thats what I love about taking part in the Fatshion Faceoff posts :)

      Delete
  2. I think your outfit looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you look gorgeous! That dress is great and I love the scarf. Never thought to wear a scarf as a belt before, it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does give so many new combinations on colour if you cant find the belt in a colour you need a scarf could be a great option :)

      Delete
  4. Loving the blues... and gosh I'm SO JEALOUS of your hair, like I told you on Sat! Was so amazing to hang out with you, hope to see you again soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous, its strange having people jealous of my hair, it was so thin and straggly for so many years that I hated it, its just gone a bit crazy now :)

      Delete
  5. beautiful beautiful!! I want to see the square scarf too!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am off to the charity shops this week to see what treasures they can offer me :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Let us know if you find any of the items that you are missing from 'the list' ;). xx

      Delete
    3. I will have another look through the list. xx

      Delete
  6. hey, you look great! i like your tattoos... would love to see close up pics! and thanks for adding me to your blog roll! you rock! <3

    sarah rose
    zezaftig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I love your blog and your style, I will try to do a close up of the tattoos they need more work done so maybe it will motivate me to plan. x

      Delete