Sunday 22 July 2012

Ups and Downs

This weekend has been a difficult one a while ago we had to make the choice to find a new home for our beautiful puppy Nelly, she is such an amazing girl but our other dog poppy just hasn't taken to another girl coming into her home.

This led to fighting and us having to keep them separated at all times which is no way for either of them to live, so the choice was made, we have been worrying ourselves sick over finding her the perfect home where she can flourish and be the happy puppy we know she is.

Plus North turned out to be a godsend, as after a chance conversation with the wonderful Clare, of Big Beauty Blog, she mentioned the loss of her dog and how she would love another puppy if she could persuade her husband, well fast forward 2 days and she came back to me to tell me they would love to offer Nelly a home.

We arranged for us to drop her off this weekend and on saturday we made the journey Up North to drop her off, it was a very long journey with 8 stops for a very car sick pup but we made it and left knowing she would be loved, I did well I made it 2 hours down the road before I burst into tears when I thought of her spotty tummy.



Clare has set up a wonderful little blog for her, so we can see her growing into a big doggy, you can see it HERE it is really lovely.
Here is a little outfit post from yesterday, I broke my own rule and wore leggings with a shorter top, it still covered my bum, I just needed comfort as I was in the car for nearly 9 hours in total!

Today to take my mind off things and as it was finally a nice day with a breeze we thought it a good day to get some gardening done as all the rain recently has meant a very overgrown messy garden.

We did about 4 hours work and have made a good start, there is still lots to do, but my gardening tools are a bit crap, lots seem to have been lost in the moves, so will have to invest in some new items.

Here are a few images of our handy work.


The two big bushes over the back were being completely strangled by tangle weed (our name for it, not sure its real)

Watered all my potted plants.

wave my bush a trim ;)


And removed lots of nettles.

Now does anyone have any idea for cheap paving ideas up top there, as you can see the grass has been destroyed by the dogs and needs to be more practical.

Have you had a good weekend, did you work hard or have a lazy one?

Mhairi 


4 comments:

  1. Awww babes *huggles* BUT get on Pinterest for some great garden ideas - both cheap, and not so cheap!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home board on pinterest is full of gardening bits and bobs :) x x

      Delete
  2. Big hugs chickie. You've done the right thing and I am so proud of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I know we have, its just the missing her that is hard, silly things upset me :) xxx

      Delete