Monday 2 July 2012

Plus Size Sports Wear

Fitness can have nothing to do with loosing weight, for me it is about my health and fitness levels, and enjoyment.


I lost my love of exercise a while ago, but recently I have been ready to get back in the swing of things, mainly I love walking and the gym, and was about to begin my couch to 5K challenge but everything kind of went on hold after my dads stroke, but he is on the mend and now more than ever I want to be fit and healthy for the future, dropping dress sizes isn't my goal but getting up the stairs without dying is!


This leads me onto the bane of my exercise existence - Plus Sized sports wear


In the past I have been so put off going to the gym as everything I have found has been horrid, ill fitting and poor quality, but just recently I have been introduced to some amazing brands who realise your dress size does not equate to your levels of fitness, there are plenty of people half my size who can't run for a bus or climb the stairs without getting out of breath, so having good quality, fabulous sports wear is just as important to the plus buyer as it is to a straight sized buyer.


Thats why it is such a breath of fresh air to know that some designers are getting it right!


Cult of California

Take a look at the Cult of california Bio HERE.

I love the part that reads Cult of California is a gathering place of inclusion and inspiration.  Our goal is to promote beauty in all sizes, health in all sizes and style in all aspects of the plus woman’s life.

WORSHIP AT THE ALTAR OF YOU!

The whole line is sassy and sexy and so much FUN!

I love this whole range


The above jog pants are my favourites, I absolutely love them! and the priestess hoody is fantastic too!


What a colour, fantastic for running in, easily seen and fabulous! 

Simple yet stylish!

Go take a look at the full range



State of Mind


One Company in the UK who are getting it, are the lovely State of Mind, They found it impossible to find decent technical sports wear in a size 16+ I know form my walking experience that finding a decent wicking top in my size can be almost impossible.

But they did it!


Such a Cute top available in a variety of colours.

Pirouette - Wrap-around ballerina top £57 
 I want this ballerina top just to wear daily, I love the pink!

Sporty Tee £29 - Read My hips kick flare capris £39.00
Fab basic gym top, and the wicking will help keep you cool and dry.

Base Camp versatile base layer with thumb holes - £24
I have to have this top, the thumb holes are epic in my book! 

Check out State of mind HERE 

And the lovely MrsBeBe did some lovely reviews of  the State of Mind clothing Here and HERE

I will let you know how I get on in my fitness endeavours, I just need to stop procrastinating! 

Mhairi
xxx


4 comments:

  1. Sports bras that don't make me think "ugly armor"?! How amazing! When I took weightlifting in college for PE, I did enjoy it, but I hated my sports bra. I may have to look into this line to see if there's something better for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of service, I have no idea how they will function in a technical sporty way, if the support will be there or not, but they look gorgeous, freya and elomi are offering some much better colour choices in sports bras, but they still look a bit like battle armour :) xx

      Delete
  2. The pirouette and base camp are two of the most lovely things I've had on my body, I honestly cannot recommend them highly enough! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was thanks to you I found them, I will be investing asap in some pieces from state of mind as the technical side of there clothing is important for the walking and climbing i like to do when a bit fitter :) I must remember to link to your blog, having a cuppa and will add it on after, if i forget c=kick me in the morning :) xx

      Delete