Tuesday 20 November 2012

IGIGI Review - Valentina and Natasha

So this is the first in a series of reviews from me and my mum.

I have found that in straight sizes many shops cater for only a targeted age group, for example my mum would be unlikely to go into Top shop or somewhere similar and want to buy something even if she was not plus sized, but as plus sized clothing is so much harder to source I wanted to see how they are catering for different generations and if they are able to do it well.

The wedding I attended last week was a good opportunity for me to investigate this as we would both be on the hunt for the perfect outfit for the day, and whilst talking with my lovely friends at IGIGI they offered to send us both a dress to try as they want to offer all women beautiful and sophisticated clothing.

My choice was the Valentina and mums was the Natasha, both looked gorgeous on the website.



When they arrived we were not disappointed the Valentina is amazing in person, the print is so vivid and beautiful, its like fire and the hints of blue and pink are stunning and make accessorising lots of fun!, the skirt feels so silky and soft its hard not to touch it.
The Natasha has stunning shades of blue and green and the chiffon feels beautiful to the touch as well, the empire waist looked lovely on mum and the cross over has excellent coverage but as my mum has quite an ample bust she pinned it to hide the central gore of her bra but in a plunge bra this would not be an issue at all.


A close up of the pattern, this is the closest representation of the colours and how they look in real life, and you can see the blues and pinks.

Bit over exposed but I really love how the dress sits!

I honestly feel completely and utterly amazing in this dress, it just falls beautifully and I have had so many compliments on it, as you can just see I teamed it with a pair of blue heels that matched the blue in the dress perfectly, the neckline is quite revealing but can easily be pinned to make it more conservative if you have a large chest like me.The materials used in this dress are just lovely the skirt is charmeuse silk and the top part is a poly/ elastane mix, both feel fantastic!

This dress costs $170 and I have to say it is more than worth the price!

My lovely mum looking gorgeous and happy, she isn't one to wear dresses that often but asked me to say that she is so in love with this dress that she may be a convert :) The colours in the skirt worked beautifully on her.

I loved how much fun she had having her picture taken, she normally runs a mile but she obviously felt great and was having a fab time, the one thing we both loved about the Natasha dress was how versatile it is, she dressed it up with her heels and gorgeous little hat, but it could just as easily be used as a day dress with a pair of ballet flats and a cardi over the top.

At $122 mum said it is more than worth the price and will be keeping an eye on IGIGI for all her future parties and events.

There are a couple of things happening with IGIGI at the moment that I think are worth mentioning, first is their Curve Connection campaign which shows everyday women wearing their clothing and gives you a chance to see them on a variety of shapes and sizes.

Curve Connection
You can find me HERE

The also have Free ground shipping in the US so for my american readers, could be a good time to order.

Also from Thursday 22nd 12noonPST until Tuesday 27th 12noon PST there is a huge thanksgiving sale happening with up to 70% off with
Code: "GIVETHANKS12"
Link: http://www.igigi.com/cyber-sale (only during dates stated)

Also between the 1st December and the 31st December you will receive a free gift of a scarf with all purchases over $150, there will be a choice of colours to pick at checkout. 

I honestly love IGIGI and would not hesitate to oder from them in the future, I currently have my eye on one or two dresses.
but I love these two, because they are great for daytime and work.


Salma Dress $102

I really need them both in my wardrobe!

For the upcoming party season, make sure you take a look at the New Golden Age of Couture Collection it is amazing and perfect for the party season ahead!




Can you tell I am having a bit of red love at the moment!

Take a look at the IGIGI site and I am sure you will fall in love as much as I have.

Mhairi
xxx


Disclaimer: These items were gifted to me, but all opinions are my own.



1 comment:

  1. I love your dress, you look amazing in it! I've 2 weddings next year and these dresses look like something worth saving for! x

    ReplyDelete