Monday 28 November 2011

Review - Simply Be 1

Navajo Knitted Shrug Cardigan


Simply Be very kindly offered me the chance to pick three items from the current catalogue for review, I was ridiculously excited!


I wanted to choose three completely different Items one for casual, one for daytime and one for a night out.


The first Item I am going to review for you is my casual choice, I have 2 adult dogs and 2 puppies so spend a lot of time over parks in heavy coats trudging through the mud, but get far too warm in my coats so I was looking for something that would be warm and comfortable.


This is what I ordered - The Navajo Knitted Shrug Cardigan £40


This looked so gorgeous on the model I knew I had to give it a try.


I ordered it in a 22, but I am notorious for believing I am bigger than I am, and probably could have easily got away with a 20, but I love how cosy it feels and know if I needed to be warmer I could fir a knitted jumper under for an extra layer.


The pattern I feel, does make me look bigger than I am, but I just don't care, I popped it over my sheer blouse and a cami top and i was so warm and snuggly.


This Cardigan is going to be a lifesaver when it comes to the christmas shopping as I always get hot and frustrated lugging a big coat everywhere, this is fabulous as I can leave it loos when inside shopping centres but pull it round close when on the high street!


See snuggly and warm! 


And who can resist a swirly item of clothing!


look out for the crazy lady in the park!

And just one more picture as it made me laugh!
yes I am mildly insane! 


My overall verdict of this cardigan is it is lovely, the colours are gorgeous and it feels nice, it isn't itchy, this is very important to me as I can be incredibly fussy about knitwear, if it is even a little scratchy I just cant wear it!


I think for me it is a very useful item, for everyday use, popping to town walking my dogs, shopping and lounging happily at home, and would happily pay the £40, but would order it in a 20. 


please excuse me looking so pale and my extremely bad hair day, sometimes I just like to be as nature intended :) 




Mhairi. xxxx




Disclaimer : This item was given to me free of charge from Simply be for review, but all comments are my own and I have not been asked or paid to give any items a favourable review.

13 comments:

  1. I love this!!! It looks perfect on you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above all else, I LOVE the last two photos of you! It's great to see you indulging in what you're doing. You should be really proud of yourself!

    On another note, I want, I want, I want! I really like it. I don't think it makes you look any bigger at all. The thing is, coats, jumpers, and cardigans are always going to add bulk, but I think the sweeping nature of the above item means it drapes forwards, rather than stretching your appearance outwards in any way. Send it back, ask for an 18, and it'll do for my Christmas pressie! ;)

    Mind you, Ben thinks I'm the 40 yr old virgin in knitwear! :D

    Well done, Mhairi. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Georgina, and thank you big sister, (what is going on with your name???) I decided to have a giggle, I hate having photos taken so thought being a prat might help take the edge off, lol

    I think it worked :)

    It is seriously cozy though claire, I a snuggled in it right now :) not sure I am going to take it off, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea, apparently aol won't verify the site. I'm going to have to get a blog on here just to be able to comment, aren't I? *sigh*

    So, do people not realise you're a prat already? :D

    I've just ordered the heart jumper and unicorn one with my Christmas money. What's the betting they don't fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well if they don't, go up a size, I have started ignoring the size on the label and buying what fits, my wardrobe now goes from a 16 to a 22, but everything looks better :)

    Think most people have guessed about my rattiness after seeing some of the faces i pull in my pictures :)

    i will sort your googlemail email address then you ust need to sign in using that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mhairi
    Love the blog
    Nice choice
    Bold n bright
    Something I always steer clear of
    But looks great on you
    Jamie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww ty Jamie, Just got bored of hiding away, wanted something bright! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this cardigan on you!!!! It looks really great-- and I can tell it's extremely cosy!
    Your pics are so much fun!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww ty Laura, I am such a cardigan kind of girl, I love winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really love that on you! It's not something I'd take a 2nd glance at on the site, but you sell it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really surprised me, I love big cardi's but dont often wear bold colour, but i just loved the orange on this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally agree with everything you said. SPOT ON. I live for sweaters like this.. not my most flattering items, but the best ones!!!! I love this one on you...

    xx-

    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete