Friday 25 November 2011

Simply Be SS12 Launch event

Yesterday I had the pleasure and privilage to be invited to the Simply Be SS12 Launch, it was such an amazing day and I saw some gorgeous clothing and underwear that I cant wait to get my hands on.

I will start my account of the day with my journey, which turned out to be so embarrassing and hilarious that it kept me going all day.
When I got off my train at kings cross and headed for the victoria line to get myself to oxford circus, I noticed my skirt was very swishy in the wind walking to the underground, but I didn't think anything of it.
I should have.... as I entered the platform for the victoria line, a train was just leaving the station add a big gust of wind flew down the tunnel, this resulted in my skirt flying up and over my head revealing my tights and knickers to the people on the platform, the guy nearest me was trying so hard not let me see his smile but to be honest I was laughing so hard I did not care.

My only thought was, well if I can survive that I don't need to worry about the rest of the day, and I really didn't.

I took a few photos from the event and more can be seen on the Simply be and Simply yours blog pages so make sure you check them out.

This is going to be a lot of pictures.

This gorgeous White and Red set jumped out at me the instant I walked int he room, I love a good polka dot, and this is a GOOD polka dot!
The shape wear all looked divine, with beautiful lace panels and sexy shapes so much nicer than the often boring black or frumpy looking sucky in bits of the past!

I need a holiday just so I can both of the retro inspired polka dot swimwear and also the other red/white/blue print tankini to the right, they looked absolutely fab!

All the other colours looked gorgeous too.

Chanos bra with the most gorgeous little details, so pretty.

The lovely Ceri from Curvyguru

These WILL be mine!

Finally a company is realising we don't all want to wear shapeless black tents!!

Pretty Bags and sandals for the summer.

My picture doesnt do them justice but these were such a gorgeous coral colour and the heel looked perfect, anyone inviting me to a summer wedding?

Lace and pink, felt gorgeous!!

Think I have found my summer maxi dress.

Loved how vibrant the colours are.

Loved this dress fat girls CAN wear white!

The girly pink flowers on this little shrug jacket were just gorgeous.

And the jumpsuit teamed with it, may have tempted me to give one a try, it felt soft but the material was heavy enough that it didn't feel like it was going to cling in all the wrong places and hang like a sack.

Not usually one for yell but I loved this blouse with its tiny black stars all over, think this will be added to my wardrobe as well.

And all of us bloggers together.
Back left to right Em from oh the places you'll go, Ceri from curvyguru, Naomi from Diamonds 'n' Pearls, Me, Georgina from fullerfigurefullerbust.
Front left to right Lauren from pocketrocket and Rosie from A rose like this.


All the wonderful people i met yesterday were so friendly and made me feel welcome, especially as I was a nervous wreck, I really hope I get to spend more time with them in the future as I had a fabulous day.

I would like to say a special thank you to Charlotte Simply be who has been so fantastic inviting me along and allowing me to select some gorgeous items from the current collection online at Simply Be for review.

So watch this space my reviews will be coming up in the near future.

Mhairi. xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Great blog, Mhairi. It gets better every time I read it, and some really lovely pieces coming up in the next catalogue by the looks of it.

    Can't wait to read your reviews. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! Oh how I wish Simply Be posted to Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fab morning and day, there is talk of them expanding internationally, to the usa first i believe but could mean further in the future :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOH How fun! They have some really nice stuff! I loved all the polka dots, especially that swimsuit! soooo cute. And they also have beautiful dresses and purses. They're expanding to the US? YES, YES, YES!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is what they would like to do, would be fantastic if they do! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that yellow shirt! Can't wait to get my hands on some of those items! :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such a bright colour, I want it just for some sunshine in my wardrobe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to let you know that there are no plans for stores in the states at the moment, but we already have a USA website SimplyBe.com and catalogues (or catalogs should I say?)

    Charlotte, Simply Be x

    P.S. Great post Mhairi :)

    ReplyDelete